[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Help!!!

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Help!!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:48 pm 

I have made several different designs of soap and they turn out really well. However, they have almost no lather, I am using pure glycerin clear base. I looked online and found a site that said I can add coconut oil to the melted soap and that will make your soap have lather. How much should I add? Does this really work? If not, what will make this soap have lather? Thanks so much, I am just starting to make the melt and pour soap and any advice is appreciated. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Help!!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:47 pm 

Don't add a lot of oil! It will make the base lather even less. The most I use in my MP base is 1 TBS. of oil per LB. of base. Coconut oil will increase bubbleage only in cold process soaps, but not MP.
Where is your MP base from?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:22 am 

I purchased Something Fabulous, pure glycerin soap. So what can I use to increase lather? It has practically none...I appreciate any help I can get.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:26 am 

I use base as is and if you really need to increase the already bubbly BB base, just add a small amount of ground apricot seed as an exfoliant. That will increase already luscious bubbles.

http://www.brambleberry.com/Apricot-See ... P3705.aspx

http://www.brambleberry.com/Clear-Melt- ... P3189.aspx

Good luck!

~bytheSEAsoap~ Mella bythesea, bythesea, bythebeautiful sea

海の皂

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:54 am 

I've never heard of this brand. If it's from a craft store, that's most likely why it has no lather. If you are in the US, I would suggest trying the MP sample pack from BrambleBerry.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:35 am 

yes it is from a craft store, Hobby Lobby. There is minimal lather at best. I have no funds to purchase more right now, I just wanted to make some soap at first for Christmas gifts and then maybe to go with a friend to a crafts show. I thought there may be something to help with this, guess not. I have no reason to make it up thought, there is NO lather almost. Thanks anyway...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:50 pm 

Yeah, I've seen what you are talking about at Hobby Lobby. It is a cheap base that costs quite a bit. You can actually get the bases even cheaper online that are better quality. I would recommend going with some of those first. I think the stuff they sell at Hobby Lobby is more for making decorative soaps than ones you can actually use.