[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - RE: Scents

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: RE: Scents
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:27 am 

Hi everyone, I know it's been a while since I was here.
Can anyone tell me whether my Essential oils or my fragrance oils are contributing to my M & P soaps setting extremely too fast? Also, I notice that when I use the honey M & P bases, they don't set as fast as the Goats milk or the Shea M&P. Whats going on? What am I doing wrong. The video tutorials where people are using 3 to 4 different M & P bases, their bases never seem to set as fast as mines do. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: RE: Scents
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:43 am 

Fragrance and Essential shouldn't do that with MP soaps.

Where are your bases from? Are you adding anything to them? What temps are you bringing them to?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:31 am 

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. The soap bases I'm using are Goat & Shea. I only add 1 teaspoon of Shea or cocoa butter per 2 lbs. of base. I try not to pour them up until they're about 124 - 127 degree's, but by that time they're hardening.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:11 am 

Those additions should be okay! Are you doing anything like layering or swirling with them that you would need them cooler? If not you can pour them a little warmer. Are the bases from a general craft store or from a soap making supply store?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:38 pm 

The bases were purchased from Natures garden

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:41 pm 

Yes, I have made numerous attempts to swirl, didn't turn out very well. I also did a layering project with the Honey base and it came out pretty well. I just don't know whats going on the the Shea & goat milk bases and why they're setting so fast.