[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Lotion Presevatives

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Lotion Presevatives
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:32 pm 

I am ignorant in the art of lotion making. I am interested in trying my hand at it. I read the generous information given at the top of this section of the forum. I didn't get my question answered. Out of all the preservatives out there for lotion making, which is the best? When you make your lotion which do you prefer?

Has anyone tried any products from aquatech? I was wondering how they worked?

Post subject: Re: Lotion Presevatives
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:57 pm 

I am right there with ya, very new. Only made 2 batches of lotion, using Germaben II. Have had no problems. Google the names of the major preservatives and read reviews - you'll come across the shortcomings.

This site is fabulous for lotion noobs: http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/

See the sidebar for a preservative comparison chart.

Post subject: Re: Lotion Presevatives
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:27 pm 

There is no "best". It depends more on which ingredients ie: oils, butters or emulsifiers you use and at what % as opposed to water.
Some are temp sensitive, some are pH sensitive. I use Germall Plus for my lotions.