[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Just starting out.

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Just starting out.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:37 pm 

I've just started candle making. I light most candles that I make just for myself and they burn successfully. I often hear the words test all candles u make. If I test them all I'll never be able to give them away or sell them and if I do sell or give them to friends I'll never know if it caught on fire or had anything wrong with it. Can someone please answer in a way that I could understand. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Just starting out.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:29 pm 

Every wax, wick, color, essential oil or fragrance is different. So is any different size or shape jar you use. That's why you need to test each time you use a new fragrance, color or any other additive. This is for safety issue and makes no difference whether it's to giveaway or for sale.

Post subject: Re: Just starting out.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:37 pm 

You should just be testing one from each batch or type. So if you have say 10 candles that are all EXACTLY the same, you would test one and sell the other nine. If however you change anything (color, fragrance, container) then one candle from that batch would also need to be tested. =)