[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Best flashpoint for container candles?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:04 am 

I'm going to be making wicked candles for my upcoming business but I had questions about flashpoint. I'll be using containers just like the ones from BB but they come in sizes up to 16 oz so that'll give you some idea of what they'll look like. I'll also be using BB advanced ecosoya wax because it's the one I'm most familiar with and the WU250 cotton cord I believe is the name of it? You'll probably know what I'm talking about!

My question is what is a good flashpoint for making wax candles? I know BB sells candle/skin safe fragrances but the ones I've tried smelled so badly of chemicals I've gotten massive headaches from the smell! I do love some of the ones from BB as candle ideas but I also don't want to put myself or others in danger! I really don't want to be sued! :shock:

My shop: The Black Currant on Etsy!
My blog: http://www.theblackcurrantshop.wordpress.com
Also on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:15 pm 

Anytime you change the size of the container, you will need to experiment with different size wicks. Just one wick size will not work for all. Fragrance is very personal. What smells great to one person, might not smell good to you. Try some sample packs of fragrances (like Bittercreek) and see which one you like and which one works in your candles.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:57 pm 

So I read on a random candle supply website that flashpoint doesn't matter if you make soy or paraffin candles. Is this true? The last thing I want is to make a wax candle that explodes like a Michael Bay film! :shock:

For anyone that wants to read themselves the website is cajuncandles.com and it's the second question in the FAQ. I just want to be sure I'm reading it right! :shock:

My shop: The Black Currant on Etsy!
My blog: http://www.theblackcurrantshop.wordpress.com
Also on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:00 pm 

Flashpoint matters with any type of a candle. Low flashpoints can still evaporate, leaving your candle with either no scent or not much. It is best to purchase your fragrance oils from a vendor that specializes in selling candle supplies. They do their homework and should be able to tell you which fragrances work the best in wax.