[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - What Are Your Best Selling Fragrances in CP?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:35 am 

Wondering what everyone's best selling fragrances in CP? I'm so tempted to try everything out there but I'm trying to be budget conscience. If you could only use say your top three fragrances, what would they be and why? If you would mention where you purchased them that would also be helpful.

Thanks!

~the journey is everything~

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:09 pm 

I don't actually sell soap, but I can say that everybody LOVES LOVES Apple Jack & Peel. Brambleberry has it, but I think every fragrance seller has their own version, and they are all pretty similar.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:52 pm 

I live in the desert where it's sunny year round. We don't get the seasons like other states. My three most popular are lavender, a citrus blend and a floral.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:40 am 

I'm going to try that Dixie! BB doesn't mention acceleration with this FO. Did you have any problems?

That makes sense Irena. My younger son is working in Bakersfield....talk about hot? I'm not very partial to lavender but I know it's extremely popular and beneficial. I do need to soap some. Does an EO stick well in CP Irena or is there a FO that works better?

If I could make every soap a citrus with rosemary I'd be happy but I know rosemary is contraindicated for those who are pregnant or have heart conditions. I also have a friend who won't even grow it or use it in anything because her son has seizures.

thank you both!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:46 am 

Apple Jack and Peel does accelerate some for me, probably because of the clove and cinnamon part of the scent. Not unmanagably, though. I know the BB version doesn't discolor.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:42 am 

Oatmeal, Milk & Honey is another big seller. It has that familiar, comfort factor lavender has. A citrus scent/blend is always good too. Food type scents don't seem to go over well here. I'm not big on florals myself but gardenia is good. So many scents, so little time to soap them!

I learn so much when I can't leave well enough alone!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:04 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:34 pm 

Thanks Irena :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:50 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:50 pm 

Once you price out the Lavender you may not want to go with an eo, but it is a top seller for me as well, and one of my all time favs. I love the eo scent and have never found a straight lav fo that I liked at all. So I make it and they buy it, but cursing all the way. :lol: I also have a nice clean scent and a citrus, as well as a slightly sweet scent w vanilla that balance out my top four. But I agree that a lot of people like omh too.

As for rosemary, you certainly do not need to worry about someone using a rosemary scented or infused soap. In fact, even eating a small amount of the herb when pregnant is fine. Have you ever heard an OB doc tell you not to eat rosemary with your lamb and mint or not to cook with rosemary? Mine certainly never did. While you do not want to drink a rosemary tea regularly, or eat a lot of rosemary if you are pregnant, the soap is not going to harm you. And I sincerely doubt that even the leave on products would have a high enough concentration to trigger any issues. Everyone wants to cover their butts though, so they just repeat what they once read and what everyone else repeated. Check out what expert Robert Tisserand has to say about rosemary (as well as several other herbs and eo's that carry such "warnings"). He provides the studies that began all the warnings and breaks down the amounts one would need to ingest to cause the problems being discussed. It is very enlightening.

Rosemary has nothing to do with heart conditions, other than the potential to increase blood pressure (which is usually more circulatory in nature). So those with high bp should exercise caution, but again, this is not really an issue in soap or with small amounts. I have high bp and it does not affect me, but this is a possibility, and each person may be different. Your friend is correct though, even the smell alone may or may not, but could possibly trigger a seizure, so it is not worth the risk there. But seizures can also be triggered by lights and white noise, so it isn't because rosemary is so dangerous.

If you change your mind and go for rosemary soap, the max usage rate is 5%. If you want to mix it with a citrus eo, most of those are also 5%. When using more than 1 eo you have to decrease one or both so your max rate is within the range and not doubled. So you would not do 5% for each eo, making total eo's 10%, as that would be too high and potentially irritating.

Tammy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:01 am 

Thanks so much for straightening all that out for me Tammy! I learn so much here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:25 am 

I'm looking for a scent that will work with blue soap. Seaside or Ocean-like, fresh and clean. I have a good amount of FO's in my Nature's Garden cart so I'd like to purchase from them. Any favorites come to mind?

Also looking for some good florals that don't accelerate too much or ones that are definitely worth it. I can handle some fast movement but of course want to keep that to a minimum.

Happy Sunday!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:37 am 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:19 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:45 pm 

Jeannie, I got the cannabis rose from NG, it soaped quite easily and has been a big hit with my customers. I did add some patchouli to mine though.

Tammy