[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Can I save my wet bath bombs?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:12 pm 

I tried making bath bombs today for the first time. Pretttttty sure I used too much witch hazel as they were pretty moist and "grew" after over an hour. Can I save these or are they too far gone? At least they smell great and are a pretty yellow color!!!! LMBO 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:15 pm 

You won't be able to save them...but what I do when I have a bath bomb mishap is save them to use in my showers by placing them a little bit away from the drain so I can still get some of their fragrance effect.

You'll get the feel of it soon enough, keep playing because that's how you learn. Bath bombs can be a tricky thing to figure out as you work with all the variables (namely the humidity or lack of it).

Anyone's life truly consists of work, sunshine, exercise, soap, plenty of fresh air, and a happy contented spirit. - Lillie Langtry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:44 pm 

Use them in the bottom of your shower for scent.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:00 pm 

I stuffed them back into the mold while they were still wet to get the shape back. They lost a bit of color and are quite crumbly now, but at least they look nice again LOL I am gonna give them out to my friends as oopses. Eventually I will get pics up of them if I can get my dumb phone and internet to work together!

Good thing the ingredients for these are so cheap! I can have plenty of oppses along the way and not be overly upset about the loss monetarily.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:29 pm 

Here they are. You can't see it in the pic but I had sprinkled a smidge of glitter in the mold before packing it in the initial run.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:58 pm 

Cute! They most likely won't fizz much, since the witch hazel already started the reaction.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:08 pm 

Ya, I figured as much. I was planning to tell my friends to do the shower thing with them since they are an oops

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:39 am 

Don't feel bad, I have tried for 3 years to get the right mixture down and I think I finally got it just a couple of weekends ago. Now, I don't do this everyday or even every month for that matter but I have had way more failed batches of fizzies than successful ones. I wasn't ever going to attempt them again except my sister wanted some ducks and bears for our other sisters baby shower. Hang in there, you will get it.