[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - website

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: website
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:01 pm 

Hey everyone

Looking for some honest feedback on my new website! Where better then a forum full of strangers to do so :0)

www.fostersfields.ca

Post subject: Re: website
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:09 pm 

I love how your website is laid out! I was nosing around it the other day hehe :mrgreen: I really like how you have a picture of each scent and not just one picture of a jar and a description of each scent. I also like the link you have to scent descriptions. Very nice page! Well laid out and easy to navigate. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:16 pm 

Hi Foster,

What are you wanting to achieve with the website? Is it meant to be a shopping cart / selling website? Or are you wanting to provide more information about your business with the ability to sell?

I think the pictures of your candles are great, but for me personally, the flowers are too much of a distraction. For sure include a setting, but perhaps smaller props or more stock to stand out? At the moment the first thing I see is all the flowers.

I would also recommend putting some items on the front page as it took me a few moments to figure out where to find them. At first I didn't see anything clickable until I read Heather's post and went looking.

Have you considered using a Wordpress or Shopping Cart Template?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:31 pm 

I prefer a plain background so it doesn't distract from the product. Your photos look too busy to me. The first thing I see is the flowers, then I see the product. I would make the font in the links bigger. They are hard to see for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:27 pm 

Overall, I like the site layout and how easy it is to get around, but I agree that the flowers in the pictures are too distracting (but I do like how colorful the pictures are!). Also the background in the bar on the right side of the page makes it hard to read the text. My only other comment is to correct the spelling errors. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:24 am 

Thanks for the feedback.

I wasn't originally going to sell on this site, thought I might get overwhelmed with sales I wasn't ready for, but eventually I will put a shopping cart in there! I am thinking about opening an Etsy store to get things off the ground!

Spelling errors...I proof read the site over and over, where are the errors?????

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:14 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:01 am 

I would not use plain black as a background. You have cheerful color candles. Black would make them somber. I would try matte white.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:05 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:15 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:04 pm 

Just the beige walls would work. I found a large white poster board at the Dollar Store. It works well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:20 pm 

If you're not looking to sell on the website yet, have you considered using Wordpress + a Template? There are some awesome looking ones out there...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:19 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:37 pm 

Was just a thought as you can get some awesome templates out there so your site can look professional without the cost of hiring one. Example: http://www.flashmint.com/template-demo-4041.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:18 pm