[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - re : need help on how to remove soy wax from glass container

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:28 am 

Need help pls, can anyone tell me how to remove soy wax from glass containers. I would like to re-use my containers and clean out the left over soy candle. Some of my glasses are too thin to microwave. It also will crack if i soak them in boiling water. Is there anyway , technique to remove soy from glass? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:52 pm 

Put it in a box which has a heating pad on the bottom and a thick towel at the top to trap the heat. That should soften the wax enough that you can just wipe it off.

Here's a thought.....if the glass is that thin are you sure it would withstand burning wax without cracking or breaking?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:59 pm 

What I usually do is hit mine gently with short blasts from the heat gun and then wipe them out with paper towels followed by a good wipe down with the clorox type wet wipe thingies. But, if the glass is really thin this might not work for you.
I have to agree with soapbuddy, if the glass is too thin to heat, it probably isnt safe for candles. Those buggers put out an aweful lot of heat. Just want to make sure you're safe hun!

Denise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:57 pm 

freezing the containers works well too and then you can pop the left over wax out

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:01 pm 

I totally agree if the glass if too thin to withstand boiling water then there's a high risk the heat created when burning the candles could cause the glass to shatter, sending molten wax everywhere.

I'd just try sitting them in hot but not boiling water, it only needs to be hot enough to melt a small bit round the edges and then you can tip it out.

For the bits of wax left on the jars, with it been soy warm soapy water with a sponge should do it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:40 pm 

I put them in the sink and fill with the hottest water from the faucet, then put a TBS of dishwasher soap in it. After soaking it just wipes out.

~bytheSEAsoap~ Mella bythesea, bythesea, bythebeautiful sea

海の皂

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:08 am 

i do the same mella, cause soy wax is biodegradable i just keep filling with hot water until the wax lets go of the glass.