[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - warm wax in a fry daddy with a bake bag

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:43 am 

I've read in the CP soap forum that you could warm up your messed up batch of soap for re-batching in a crock pot with the oven bake bags for the turkeys. Do you think it would be possible to use the same bag inside of a fry daddy to melt my soy wax in and then transfer to a pouring pot after putting in color and fragrance? Just an idea, last time I had 3 seperate batches (with the colors not quite matching) I had to melt in the pouring pot. thought this might work, especially since the temps are still pretty low.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:49 pm 

It depends what the lowest temp of the fry daddy is. I was the one that posted the instructions for rebatching CP soap in an oven bag, but that's for a crock pot.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:33 pm 

Actually, it's a multi cooker, fryer/steamer. This is the same one that they have on the web that you put a hole in and add a spout to make candles with. The temp starts at warm, then 200 and up. I have a thermometer, so I can probably test it with water and see how it track for accurate temperatures. My husband just bought it for frying, and I don't want to do candles in it and ruin it for frying. That's why I thought of the oven bags as a sleeve inside the fryer to protect it from the color and fragrance/essential oil. Just an idea, hate to buy something else, I've got limited space as it is and now I have candle and soap supplies all over the house. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:03 pm 

Soy wax melts at a lower temp, so it might work.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:31 am 

Just tried the presto pot with the Reynolds oven bag (large size) sleeve to melt my soy wax for candles. It worked out great. Started it out at 200 degrees for about 5 minutes and dropped it down to warm, didn't take long at all for 45 oz of wax to melt. Added my color in there also, but used a soup ladle to put the warm wax in my melting pot and then added fragrance oil (didn't want to have it ruin the pot). It sure beat standing by a pot of hot water waiting for the wax to melt. I got all 4 mason jar candles done in one batch, which is nice, last time I had to try to match the colors up in 3 different batchs for 4 other mason jars. Much easier.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:27 pm 

Glad it worked out for you. Melting over hot water takes forever and there's a chance some of that water could end up in your wax.