[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - re : soy wax

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: re : soy wax
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:05 pm 

Genwax is the closest. I live in orange county california. Is it possible to do layered colors in soy? Have your ordered from the site i mentioned earlier. soysolutions?

Post subject: Re: re : soy wax
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:15 pm 

I have ordered from soysolutions with no problems. I've never tried making layered colors. The problem that I could see is that the layers might not stick together after they cool off.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:52 pm 

Perhaps i will not get the full kit. I already have a melting pot, i dont need the extra one that comes with the kit. As this is my first attempt to make soy jar candles, before i place my order, could you please tell me exactly what i need. What are the glue dots for and how do you use it with soy? And as for the wick, do i have to get the ready made and already wicked or do is it better to make it myself? Im sorry i have too many questions. I dont want to sound helpless but i just want to make sure i dont miss anything out of my order since i have to pay for shipping. Is it necessary to buy the silicone spray if i make soy pillar candles? I am aware that the soy for pillar is different than the one for containers.
Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:39 pm 

I would start with container soy wax. Get your glass jars that are candle safe. Get a variety of wicks that are pre-tabbed. Try hemp or zinc core. The glue dots are for the bottom tabs, so your wick doesn't start floating away as you pour. You will need to keep the wick straight, otherwise your candle will not burn properly. Test to see which wick will give you the best burn with whichever fragrance or color you would use. When you burn your test candle, look for a nice even melt pool.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:10 pm 

Thanks soap buddy! Cant wait to get the brambleberry supplies i ordered! I will be doing my first melt and pour project by myself! The soap queen blog tutorials plus this forum helps me!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:51 pm 

I wouldn't exactly call it a melt and pout project, but good luck!