[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - re : wax and additives

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: re : wax and additives
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:40 pm 

Hi all! I would like to make candles again and would likt to ask what the additives are? Genwax used to make beaded form wax but now i think they just come in big slabs? Does anyone know where i can get beaded form of wax? And what additives do i need? What is kemamide for and is it necessary? How does soy wax differ from the regular wax and what are its advantages? Can soy be poured into a metal mold or only in jars?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:42 pm 

It depends what you want the additives to do. Sunlight protection, harder wax etc....?
There are as many types of waxes as there are candle makers. Some waxes come in beads, others in slabs. Even with soy wax there are some differences. Soy wax can be poured in a metal or into jars. The only way you would know what works, is to buy a small amount and experiment. Color, scent, types of wicks and any additives will effect the final burn and scent throw. You could also buy a kit and see how well that works for you.