[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Fragrances

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Fragrances
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:34 pm 

I have been making soy candles for at least 9 months now but still have some issues. Ive learnt what the stronger fragrances are and the ones that are mild. However, even if I use a strong fragrance it doesn't move around my room. Could it be perhaps that I have large rooms and I may need two in one room? just wondering whether the size of the rooms matter.
irene

Post subject: Re: Fragrances
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:46 am 

Some fragrances are stronger, but don't have a good cold or hot throw. Are you using the fragrance manufacturers recommendations on % used?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:29 am 

Yes Irena I am using the correct percentage. Perhaps it does have to do with stronger fragrances and larger rooms. Also when one tops up a candle when they ditch down and occasionally leave a hole in the top, you would top it up but only add a drop of fragrance is that correct as you only add a little amount of wax to top up????

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:58 am 

I don't top off a candle. If there is a small hole, I take a heat gun and level it. I have not tried topping off and adding one drop of fragrance.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:31 am 

I think you need strong fragrance for large room. Did you try the same candle in smaller room? Try and see the difference.

Micheal
https://masonjarcandles.org/