[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - New again to candle making

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:28 am 

Although I've been making soap for several years, I remember my mom making beautiful candles and giving them away for Christmas presents. I was recently given around 10 lbs of wax and 6 lbs of beeswax and would like to try my hand. Any quick suggestions?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:21 pm 

10 lbs. of what type of wax? Will you be using it for pillar or container candles?
I would use the beeswax by itself.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:48 am 

Beeswax is best used for pillars, votives or tapers and square braid wicks work the best. Like Soapbuddy said you would need to know whether the other wax is for containers or pillars, as they can't be used interchangeably. 8)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:42 pm 

Hi pettj03,

I also tried so many times and ended up failing when i was new to making jar candles, but after sometime my hobby becomes my profession. Now i have my own business of jar candles, this website has some useful tips and ideas for the candle lovers. You can visit my website https://masonjarcandles.org/. All the best on making your first jar candles