[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Scent throw in joy wax

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Scent throw in joy wax
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:58 am 

Does anyone have any tips on how to get a better scent throw in candles when using Joy Wax? I read that it had a great scent throw, but so far I can't smell it unless I stand right over the top of it. I followed the directions and still can't seem to get it right.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:12 pm 

At what temp are you adding the fo? I add the fo right before pouring when it's almost cooled down completely & then stir, stir, stir.

What wick are you using & what size container? Also, how much fo & what fo?

One more question, how long are you letting them cure before lighting?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:14 pm 

Are the fragrances that you are using specifically made for candles?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:33 pm 

I am using 8oz jelly jars, and the fragrance oil I have been getting from Brambleberry, Nature's Garden, Lonestar and Symphony Scents, and they all say they are safe for soaps, candles, personal hygiene, etc. I have tried ECO 6, ECO 10 and CD 12 wicks. I put the fragrance oil in at 170-175. I have also been warming the jars ahead of time and take out of the oven just a few minutes before pouring the wax. The FO oil I used this last time was Jasmine from Symphony Scents and Lemon Verbena Type from Lonestar. I let them cure about 4 days. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:57 am 

I tried joy wax many years ago and found it was way too picky on what scents would throw good. I haven't heard much about it one way or the other since. 8)