[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Welcome from the Teach Soap Team

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:30 pm 

Welcome to the Teach Soap Forum!

We hope you will use this forum to share your triumphs and challenges in soap and toiletry making. Having troubles with a recipe or just wonder how they make something? Post a question and one or many of our members will probably have an answer! Then come back and tell us all about what you made!

We also hope you’ll use this forum to talk about your favorite products and tell us about the new products you’d like to see carried by Bramble Berry.

Bramble Berry Soap Making Supplies () is the sponsor of the Teach Soap web site and forum. We began Teach soap over 10 years ago as a free and fun resource for recipes, articles, and step-by step instructions. And we have always been available to answer questions from anyone. We began this forum with the thought, "With all of these emails we answer everyday – I bet there are other people who could benefit from this information too!"

So we created this forum to share our favorite tips and to help you create the best soap and bath products you can!

If you ever have any questions, or suggestions please PM me – I’d love to hear from you!

Anne-Marie and the rest of the Teach Soap Forum Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:31 pm 

Thank you Anne-Marie!
Funny, I always thought you had dark hair til I saw you at the Gathering. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:16 am 

Just wanted to introduce myself to all those fellow soapers out there. I along with my Turkish husband have been making our own cold process soap for 3 years in a little very quite Turksih village outside of Marmaris. Our two children are both happly married and we now have one very beautiful 1 year old grandduagter. When we started our soap we had the few teething problems but now we have a much better idea of what is what, with the help of the interet, reading books etc, we are still learning. So i just wanted to say a BIG HELLO to all the fellow soap makers out there. Oh by the way i have just this morning made our first Re-batched soap, using again for the first time grated orange peel, so i am eagerly awaiting the outcome.We have collected a lot of soap scraps and i needed to do something with them, we shall just be using these for our family. So i shall now carry on with much interest catching up on all that you out there are doing, it is so helpful to read what and how others are doing. Bye for now. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:02 am 

Hello everyone my name is Cheryl. I have been making M&P soap for over 30 years. My favorite is goats milk and hope some day I get to make real home made soap.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:09 pm 

Thanks for the forum! I am always wondering what to do about something!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:57 pm 

Hello, I'm looking for help in starting a soap, scrub, lotions etc business. Recently learned my immune system has turned on me and will quit the day time job but still need an income. However, from the looks of things the market is pretty flooded with established and newbies like me. Would you "anyone on the forum" think there is room for one more?
As a little girl I would sit beside my little granny Sherrill and learn the "homemaking skills" ie., soap making. I remember this so well and it's such a fond gentle memory I want to do the same for my granddaughters. I know I have a long way to go to be as good as many of you on this forum but like the ant and the rubber tree I have high hopes. Please if anyone wants to take me under their angel wings I would be forever grateful. You can see on my profile I love to create, but now my hands won't let me do the little stitches, the small chains etc., I could do so soaping, herb hunting and body care is my next adventure one I pray God will bless and I will prosper. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me.
Wanda is my name.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:49 am 

Hi everyone! I am a newbie here at this site and in making soap. I think this site is just what I need. Recently I have been teaching myself to quilt and am a member to a quilt board. I have learned so much from the quilt board so I am so excited about finding this site. I have only made a few batches of melt and pour soap and have fallen in love with the process (though I am very new at it). I have dreams of making soap and wonderful scents in the kitchen, or work space. I would love any input for how to get started. I mean I have a few molds, lye, etc. but I have only played with a few sessions of melt and pour. I am planning this year to focus on learning about soaps and so I am hoping this board will keep me charged up and more importantly to start expanding into lye soap etc. I feel like I haven't gotten on the horse yet so today I am putting my foot in the stirrups! I am having surgery on my foot next week so I am going to recover by reading this board and making my lists to get started.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:08 pm 

Hi jameece! You're in the right place! There's lots of great info on this board. Just start reading and keep going and I'm sure a lot of your questions will be answered. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:45 pm 

Welcome!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:50 pm 

Welcome to the forum! :D

I learn so much when I can't leave well enough alone!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:35 pm 

Welcome! I would love to get more into sewing/quilting. Just need more time! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:21 pm 

Soap & Bath Bomb greetings everyone :) I was inspired to join this forum after exploring the Bramble Berry website the other night and realizing I have so many thoughts and ideas, I just don't know where to jump first. I really want to start a CP batch of soap but scared, because I'm afraid of measuring the wrong amounts of oils vs. lye. That truly is the only thing that's stopping me.

I started switching my family over to "all natural" bars of soap about 9 months ago, since doing that....we will never go back to store bought body care products again. I search for all natural and handmade or make it myself :)

I look forward to finally realizing my fears and breaking through.......math just isn't my strong suit and the lye calculator confuses me :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:23 pm 

Welcome to the forum Natalie!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:32 pm 

Thanks, soapbuddy :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:04 am 

Welcome Natalie! You will love it once you get past any fears holding you back. It took me forever as well and many many hours of reading and "playing" with the soap calc. And trust me, I don't do math either (most days 2+2=purple) but if you stay within the "guidlines" and follow what it says to a T, you should be fine. And we all have had many questions but ask away. This is the best place to get them answers....