[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Welcome from the Teach Soap Team

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:25 am 

Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I just started making soap last month and I have to tell you I am in love with cold process soaping. I have made some melt and pours and some other items. My first cold processed soap was a chocolate half vanilla half coffee soap. My second one I used my new Neroli and Shea Blossom essential oil and Cedarwood Atlas essential oil and did four colors with the Taiwan swirl. I thought it turned out fabulous. I did have some soda ash on the top of that one though but I think it's because I wrapped it differently than I did the first one. I'm from Pennsylvania and live on a working farm. I work off farm also but have my own cake business for over 30 years make and sell wooden porch swings make and sell pies, cookies, and quilts, now I'm venturing on to soaps. I wanted to take our lifestyle a step further with natural items or things that I can make myself for my family. I've been visiting this site for a couple months now. I am so impressed with everyone here as a soap family spread across the world. I appreciate how all of you are kind, encouraging, willing to share the good and bad, and your readiness to take in yet another new soaper. I will see if I can post a few pics of a couple items. Namely my 2 cold process soaps so far, my favorite melt and pour (honey oatmeal/goats milk oatmeal with vitamin E soap birds I made and embedded them in the honey side, and my absolute prized treasure....my carrot seed essential oil face cream serum.

Last edited by SoapySongbird on Thu May 15, 2014 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:35 am 

Ok, my first post has the nasty little warning triangle that my post contains something not right but I can't figure out what it is. I tried to upload 2 pics with the file upload but don't know where it uploaded to as I can't find them. Ugh! Not sure if I did something wrong. I'm sorry if I did.

I guess I see the triangle on all posts. But I figured out how to post pics so I posted my cold process in the show case for those and one of my melt and pour in the showcase for that. Here is my face cream.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:40 pm 

Hi and welcome!! Very cool how you make and sell all kinds of things!

Nice cream! :D

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:41 pm 

Welcome!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:25 pm 

Thank you, StokedTopHat and soapbuddy. I'm excited to keep learning from all of you. I repeatedly for weeks watched and re-watched soap queen tv and other's videos, read and re-read posts on this site, researched and researched each item I have made so far. The face cream is the soap queen eye serum and I traded out some of the mallow extract for carrot seed extract as she suggested on the post if one so desired and added the 1/2 tsp. of Shea butter per batch that was suggested also, so it would be more of a cream instead of the liquid oil serum. I've pages of notes and re made notes until I'm happy with my knowledge to actually make an item. I really appreciate all you seasoned soapers share. My extended family and co-workers and friends have been delighted with my items so far but that is thanks to soap queen, y'all on this forum, and other soapers on the big wide net. Sometimes I'm tired and don't get all my cakes posted on my cake site or all my swings and stuff posted but I keep myself out of trouble, lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:54 am 

Hi all! I'm new to the forum. I've been soaping since August 2013, and this is my first time posting. I'm also new to posting :roll: and for the life of me, can't figure out how to posting on this forum. Seems I can view everything, but I don't know how to start a thread myself. Any help I can get would be awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:57 am 

Wouldn't you know ... I just figured it out :lol: .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:04 pm 

Just want to say, "hi". Thank you for adding me. Two-weeks ago, I made my first two batches of soap. I carefully developed a recipe on soap calc and then used that recipe in a small hot process batch and a cold process batch. I learned here that waiting is the key to great soap. So, wait I shall, while I dream about embeds and colors and all the fun things I will be able to do when I grow up. Thanks for your experience and being so gracious in sharing with new soapers! Happy to be here.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:42 am 

Welcome!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:27 pm 

I'm so happy to find this group! I've made M & P for quite some time, as well as lotions, butters, etc.. I've always been intimidated by CP soapmaking but i'm ready to take the plunge. i've been looking for a good starter recipe, gathering basic supplies and such. So, i am looking forward to learning from all you great soapers here. looks like such a nice, friendly place... :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:33 pm 

Welcome ojidanowe1!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:52 pm 

Hello everyone! Thank you for adding me to the community. I'm so happy to be a part of it :D My name is Estrellita.Im from St.Paul Mn. I have been soaping for a couple months now. I have made body butters, lip balms, and natural shampoos in past years. Now I can learn to make more bath and body treats!

ESTRELLITA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:37 pm 

Welcome Estrellita!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:15 am 

Thank You, Irena. happy to be here.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:09 pm 

Thank you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next