[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - CPOP bubbles question re: silicon molds

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:29 pm 

Oh oh. I (belatedly) found out that a CPOP cure with silicon molds isn't recommended. My soap is covered in small bubbles with a slight volcano effect in the center of some of them (individual heart bars). The sides have the look of a sponge (though the texture is hard enough for bars to hold together. Is this issue just cosmetic? Are the bars safe to use (assuming ph is fine)? :?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:46 pm 

I do CPOP with silicone molds with no problems. It sounds like your soap tried to overheat. If the soap doesn't zap and you superfatted, I'd say the soap will be fine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:32 pm 

Thanks, Soap Buddy - that's what I had figured as well (they sure look a bit nutty, though) :lol: