[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Hot Process Soap

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hot Process Soap
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:57 am 

I have been making soap in a serious way for about a year, trying M&P, CP and HP; decided to focus on HP. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there about this way of making soap. My questions: How do I "cure" HP soap? and for how long? I have been keeping it in plastic zip lock bags in a cool basement, thinking this will preserve the scent longer. Do I even need to be concerned about preserving the scent? at what point in the curing is it a good idea to wrap the bars in cigar type wraps? (don't want the soap to shrink after wraps are in place). I would appreciate hearing from anyone else who is making HP soap, especially about this curing thing. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Hot Process Soap
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:31 pm 

Welcome!
All soaps whether CP or HP need a cure time of 4-6 weeks. Do not keep your soaps in a plastic bag! You need for the water to evaporate as the soap cures. If you go by the vendor's recommendation on how much fragrance to use, you should not loose the scent. Wrap the soap after a full cure.

BTW. It's best if you go by weight for your fragrance oils instead of teaspoons or tablespoons.

Post subject: Re: Hot Process Soap
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:04 am 

thank you, Irena. I will go right now and take my soaps out of their plastic bags!