[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Hello Hello!

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hello Hello!
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 am 

Hello everyone! I am from the Southern Maryland area. I am an x-ray tech who works hard on the graveyard shift. Also I am getting married in November! I just wanted to introduce myself with my very first post.

I have been told I have "crafting ADD". I bounce between a bunch of different arts and crafts. Inspiration happens at any time, however it wants to happen, and thats just the way it is I say! Some of my favorites include sculpting with polymer clay, journaling, crochet, drawing, and duct tape purses just to name a few. My non craft related hobbies are Geocaching and late night ghost hunting.

Anddddd my newest hobby is soaping. I have done one whole batch of M+P soaps lol. It was such a rush, and I know I will really enjoy this! I have been reading this forum for a good amount of time now. It will be nice to get tips from the very knowledgable ladies and gentleman on this forum. :wink:

Ok, back to work now.....have a wonderful day!

Post subject: Re: Hello Hello!
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:02 am 

welcome!!!! I know how you feel I have been told I have crafting ADD too :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:44 am 

HI! Don't worry, my DH says I have ADHD and OCD. Meaning I can't still still and I get obsessed with an idea until I see it through. That's where I am with soap and body products right now LOL Crafts can b sooo addicting huh? Especially when you have that creativity spark that you obviously seem to have :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:47 am 

Welcome aboard! :D

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:15 am 

Welcome!
Love your avatar! Very clever. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:35 am 

Welcome!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:36 pm 

There are so many things to make with this craft I am already addicted after one batch lol. No more stalking the shelves at bath and body works for the perfect product woohoo!

@Linda, thanks about the avatar! I made those x-ray gingerbread cookies for myself and all of my fellow x-ray techs that had to work on Christmas :-) They were sooooo fluffy....mmmmmm......I need to make more *drool*

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:47 pm 

Hey there OhSoCrafty!
I am new to soaping too, just made my first batch the other night & am completely surprised (& excited!) that I didn't totally blow it! I mean, it was by no means perfect but it smells good & is curing nicely :)
I have crafting ADHD too lol I jump around from polymer clay, resin, a little bit of crocheting, cross-stitching, and now soap! I also love photography and in the future would like to try out candles, bath bombs, and lotions/butters (my daughter has such as hard time with lotions & if I could help her that would be amazing!)

Anyways, I am glad I found this site to explore & learn from :)

Blog:
IG: Sweetasjam_IG
Etsy: SweetAsJam

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:18 pm 

@sweetasjam

Looks like we like the same crafts! Yeah, I made my second batch today.....not the best either but a worlds different from my first one. Sounds like you started with CP soaps? You are much more brave than I am lol. I thought I would like soaping because it has some similarities to polymer clay sculpting. Kind of lol. At least a lot of the same tools which is awesome. What products did you start with? I got some Michaels stuff, but I have a Bramble Berry wish list building up fast. I saw a "kid friendly frangrance oil sampler pack". Must be for the big kids too because I was all over those scents lol. We will have to share tips as we go along!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:55 am 

Yeah I started with CP. After watching so many videos on Youtube I probably felt more confident than I should have lol. My first batch was a simple 1lb coconut, olive oil, & palm oil recipe that I just poured into some small glad containers lol I didn't have a mold yet so I made do and they worked perfectly but I am in the process of making a wood loaf mold right now. Should be finished today :) I definitely learned a lot from my first try- I didn't recognize trace until a bit late & my colors didn't come out as planned (was going for black/red and got grey/pink) so those are some things for me to keep in mind next time. I cannot stop adding FO's to my wishlist! lol I think I have well over 10, they all sound too yummy to pass up! We can definitely help each other out as we learn :) This site has been a huge help! I have been going back through the posts and learning a lot of helpful tips and such.

Blog:
IG: Sweetasjam_IG
Etsy: SweetAsJam