[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Whipped Soap?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Whipped Soap?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

Does anyone know how to make whipped soaps like these?

I found these on Craftster here http://tinyurl.com/2jaa73

They look really similar to the Bath bomb cupcakes Anne-Marie made on her blog here http://tinyurl.com/24qrg8

But these seem to be just melt & pour soap and nothing else.
Any ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:11 pm 

Those swirls look awfully uniform? Are you sure they're not just all one big silicone mold, just with different colors?

Very cute find though!

Post subject: Cream Soap
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:20 pm 

Cream soap may work. You can use a 25% lotion addition to melt and pour and blend/whip it together. It does stiffen eventually but if you catch it at the right consistency you may be able to do this.

There is a link on how to make it here;
http://soap-queen.blogspot.com/search?q ... d+recipies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:11 pm 

Those look cool! I'm afraid around here they might get partially eaten! :lol:

Post subject: Soooo close
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:35 am 

If it was a mold, take a look at how close this one on EBay looks - if it wasn't for the candle hole ...

Anne-Marie

Bramble Berry Customer Service
~For all your soaping needs~
www.brambleberry.com
blog: www.soap-queen.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:43 pm 

I'd say those two look the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:22 am 

Totally! I tried making whipped glycerin soap once and it was a total disaster. But I didn't add anything to the base, I just went at it with my hand mixer and it seized up into a big hard mess.

I have seen some very nice frosting textures, though - I just don't have the patience to try it! These molds would be perfect for me! :)

- [i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:39 pm 

I wonder if you could make it with MP and some liquid soap?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:41 pm 

Whipped melt and pour soap - there's got to be a way to do this easily.

Does anyone remember when they were selling melt and pour base that actually whipped up? That was a few years back but I think that company might be out of business.

Anyways, I haven't tried making a whipped MP but I'm betting some combo of liquid soap and glycerin would do it. And the lotion soap recipe that was mentioned earlier is also a good start. It looks like a nice whipped soap.

And, I never tried this recipe, but found this while digging around tonight. It's ostensibly for a whipped soap. I didn't design the recipe so haven't tested it, so if you test it, let us know how it goes!

2 cups soap (melted)
1/4 cup beeswax (melted)
orange food coloring
5 drops orange fragrance
5 drops lime fragrance
5 drops lemon fragrance
5 drops grapefruit fragrance

first melt beeswax in a glass microwave-safe measuring container, be careful because beeswax melts at a high temp. Set aside and melt soap, combine with other ingredients in a bowl.

begin to whip soap mixture on medium high speed with an electric hand mixer. when it looks creamy and frothy pour into molds.

let cool completely, pop into freezer for about 10 minutes then unmold and wrap in cellophane.

this soap smells really yummy!

*you can turn this soap into a creamsicle by adding a little powdered dry milk, just be sure to sift it and crush it into a fine powder first. :o

Anne-Marie
supplies: www.brambleberry.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:26 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:48 pm 

Anne-Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:17 pm 

I was just on ebay looking for some molds and I found these cupcake molds with a seperate mold called whipped topping mold they look exactly like these pics here. I think they are really neat, if you search silicone molds on ebay you will find them also. Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:09 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:11 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:12 pm 

Erik at Otion loves, loves, loves beeswax in CP soap. He uses it up to 8%. I personally find the batches to be a little unmanageable with beeswax about 3% but he loves it at 8%.

In MP, I've always found beeswax makes a softer bar with really sad lather but that might only be true for the bases I've tried.

Anne-Marie