[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Waterslide versus Water Soluble Paper for picture embeds?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:13 am 

Good morning, all -

Like many others, I've been struggling with getting great images to embed and not bleed over time. I've tried multiple brands of paper from multiple vendors, tried spraying with hair spray, drying for days, etc. Tried Krylon acrylic spray. I've tried different soap brands. I have a pigment-based inkjet. Read the anecdotes about using a laser printer and will try to find a Staples or Kinkos locally that will allow me to try that today, but concerned about the fibers left behind and making an enemy of local shop. Would buy cheap laser printer to do this if I wasn't concerned about ruining it for this project (and really don't have room for another piece of equipment).

Some of you had had great success. Are you using waterslide paper or water soluble? I've tried both, with same results (bleeding).

My concern is that I need to make 90 or 100 soaps well in advance of a promotional event clear across the country. My fear is that I might get a good image, but will have no control how they look 60 or 90 days out when they will be given away at a function.

Suggestions, anyone? Is there a foolproof way to do these?

Thanks -

Connie