[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Never made soap before - help.

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:52 am 

I live in the UK, can anyone recommend a good supplier?
I'd love to make completely natural soap and I know that CP is as natural as it gets but I do not like the idea of using Lye at all.
Are the organic M&P bases completely natural?

Thanks for any advice :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:27 am 

Welcome!
I don't live in the UK, so I can't help you with supplies. There are some so called "natural" MP bases out there. It just depends what you mean by "natural".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:54 pm 

Hi and welcome SoapShy!!! I'm fairly new to soap making myself, but I will try and help you!! Ok, I did a little research, and here is a lnk that I found, and they offer organic melt and pour base. www.soapbasics.co.uk When you use the word natural, are you trying to say animal and cruelty free? Because then I think instead of natural, you can use the word vegan. Don't quote me on that, but this website appears to use organic (certified) melt and pour that is gree of sls and environmentally friendly. I believe SLS is a harsh surfactant that a lot of people try to stay away from. Another one is Soaposh, at www.soaposh.co.uk/store/Default.asp and they also feature organic bases and clam to have exclusive soaps just for their company. Check them out and good luck!! :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:43 am 

Thanks both for your replies, natural for me is without harsh chemicals like SLS (I've read some scary stuff on that - and have noticed its in everything I use) but then of course I have read that EO's can be quite harmful which leaves me with using FO's which again isn't natural lol. I guess I am just confused.

I want to make a soap thats moisterising, smells good and is kind to my skin (not that I have sensitive skin at all).

I am against animal testing - so I won't use products tested on animals. :)

Thanks again :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:00 am 

I hear you, try those two websites, at least research them, they have melt and pour that is SLS free, which is what it sounds like your looking for.