[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Oh my! I am in lust/love

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Oh my! I am in lust/love
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:10 pm 

http://www.attirancecosmetics.eu/en/natural-cosmetics/

Can anyone tell me how they made the typhoon type soap? With the layers sideways like that :shock:
These are truly amazing soaps!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:15 pm 

Just layer in a container that's higher then wide. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:34 pm 

Red - I could see why you are lusting. I'm right behind you. Here's my 'guess' looking at the mold. While Soapbuddy suggests that the container is higher than wide -is it possible that the loaf mold has 3 dividers to separate the soap into 3 long cavities then each divider is just pulled out and some kind of swirling takes place? yeah, my suggestion seems messy at best but In looking at the shape of the log with the top being kind of rounded on the edges? (that was the bottom when they started and then flipped the loave over)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:44 am 

This was not a good link to give out. I've just spent 3 hours drooooooooooooooooling over all these awesome soaps!!! :lol: And those bath bombs!!! Urgh, they are fan-totally-tastic!! Not to meantion the bath milks ..... oh I could go on. Talk about inspirational!! :D

As for how the soap's done, I think ASliceOfDelight might be right - I think it is done with dividers. Just remember tho - when you use white and clear soap in the same mould, and they're still quite warm, the white will sink to the bottom, rather than properly swirl. So, I'd say that you'd need to have the soap fairly cool. Just an idea. :) But well worth investigating.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:20 am 

this might sound crazy but maybe 3 people poured at the same time?
I just wondered because i tried to do a double pour last night and it sort of looks like the cherry soap...albeit not perfect :?

these soaps are beautiful though it definitely inspires me to be more creative!

thnx for the link red :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:37 am 

Ooooh MisRosie - hadn't even thought of that- And your comment wasn't any more crazy than mine with the dividers. Okay, now - who's gonna give it a try??????? with 3 colors????

The cool thing about seeing others amazing craft that you are attracted to is it gives you more inspiratoin and motivation to try new techniques and make something else your own in time.

WOW I'm still in lust/love/infaturation - fill in the blank...........

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:12 pm 

Wow - those are some really gorgeous soaps!

My first thought was that they were poured normally and the bar of soap was just cut and photographed on it's side.... but looking closer I think the dividers idea is the way to go.... it may be messy, but if you get those results it would be worth it! :D

If you attempt this please let us know! I would love to know how it goes! :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:09 pm 

I found this site ages ago and I used to dream of it! Fantastic stuff. I think maybe it's something along the dividers line but I'm wondering ... they are quite a commercial company (stores etc) and I'm thinking it's possibly not entirely hand-made (as in they have some machine help). What about three, for the want of a better description, syringes (big ones) which simultaneously pour at a fairly cool temp, moving up a long rectangular loaf mould (rather than ones we use). Something along those lines! They seem to have a huge range, it's not just one person making these at home.. I would imagine it's a fairly industrial set up. Lovely stuff though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:56 pm 

Honey - you made a point - you've punctured my bicycle tire a bit but like primal elements (http://www.primalelementsonline.com/) - they too have creative loaves and have some 'industrial' way of doing things. Given that while I will continue to ooohhhh/aaaaahhhhh over all those companies I will always bow down and put those of us handcrafted artisans on a pedestal.

Keep on crafting :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:39 am 

Never saw the Primal Elements page before - on first glance I'm thinking wow, that's cool but they're a little too literal for my tastes... that's just me but I can never think in too literal terms as I find it too constricting. Like, when I say I want to make something like the sky, hubby says oh you can have clouds and a sun and stuff ... my response is no! Far too literal. I'd rather have something suggestive of the sky so that people can read what they like into it ... modern art I suppose (in a way, not that I'm comparing myself to artists or anything).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:42 am 

Gorgeous soaps
Has anybody seen this site..... fascinating
http://www.peterpaiva.com.br/
I wish l could read Spanish so it took me a while to find my way around but the button on the home page with"Conheca os Produtos Peter Paiva!" is the start of the soaps

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:37 am 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:48 am 

I agree Carmen - the Tyhoon one is something I could look at forever. However, you'd never never use them ... which sort of defeats the purpose really.

I like the Peter Pavia ones too - he's Brazilian, so it's in Portugese (Brazilian dialect though). Some I like, some not.

Have to say I'm not a big fan of clear soap being used just as clear - it just never appeals to me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:38 pm 

I *totally* agree with Carmen and Celine. The "moderne" look where you use all kinds of technquies to 'suggest' what it is without actually making it like Primal is my style too. I was just pointing out Primal as another site that seemed more 'industrial' in their process.

Peter Pavia's sight is totally cool too.

Well - let's just hope tomorrow at the fair I'm doing with my 'simple/artistic' style (for now) will 'oooh and aaaah' the crowd and wallets will be opening :+}

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:04 am 

Someone posted on another group - and whilst it's for CP, it could be done with M&P I think too .. and it might answer some questions asked on this thread.

I still think they probably do it by an operater using a machine but the same principle would apply.

Hilary - best of luck today, I'm sure people will love your work (we all do!). Get back with pics will you? Dying to see!