[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Seeking feedback on Vegetable Base and Olive Oil base?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:18 pm 

Hi all. I'm new to MP (and I have SoapyLove and Nova Studio to thank). And I'm really excited about this new journey.

Preamble to my question-
I've decided to try and make a go of selling some soap at my childrens carnival fair at the end of May. It's called "The Marché' I'm going to use this event for two purposes - 1. provide proceeds to the school from the sale of the soap and 2. test market my designs, fragrances, packaging (etc..) and get feedback. And seriously think about taking this creative outlet to the next level.

Because the school is a French/American school I've decided to consider at least 2 kind of soap designs 1. Will be a 3 layer loaf (blue, white and red) and after slicing it from the loaf - the stripes are in the wrong direction but that's okay I'll just turn it portrait wise in the cello bag (still debating this option) and I'm also adding a tag with an eiffel tower stamp (very cute from Amuse Stamps) so it's pretty clear. I got feedback already and people think it's quite cute - the stamp tag really helps visually!

2. Soaps in a cavity (or I'll figure out how to do it with a loaf) using monochromatic colors in bits/chunks (pink/red,/white or lavander/purple/white, or orange/melon/white) and then making them appear like they are floating/suspended in the cavity and binded together with a clear base

Question-
I'd like to differenciate these soaps in terms of the bases. I was thinking of only using vegetable glycerine for the French themed soap which will be scented with frangrance oil (rasberry, blueberry and coconut). And goats milk and olive oil glycerin for the bits/pieces soap in which I also plan to use essential oils (lavander, pepperment and sweet orange ).

I'd appreciate any feedback you can offer up regarding the base choices I've described above.
Thanks for your time