[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Plastic Soap Molds

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Plastic Soap Molds
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:58 pm 

Hello again, hope I am not too bothersome.
I have seen online that some people sell molds made from plastic and they say you can use them with soaps. Is this a certain type of plastic?
I visited a local bake store to check out their molds to use for soap making. The ladies said they were not sure if the molds would be able to hold soap. They directed me away from the "chocolate" molds (which were a clear plastic) and towards "sugar" molds which were a white plastic.
I personally like the silicone molds best, but I have seen a lot more variety in the plastic molds. How do I know what to look for to make sure it can withstand the heat? None of the packaging mentioned how hot they can withstand.

I did end up purchasing one I am going to try. I did not pick up a soap injector on my BB purchase and I am kicking myself now..

Post subject: Re: Plastic Soap Molds
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:16 am 

Those are super cute! I have used chocolate molds as well as sugar or candy molds and they were all fine. Just don't overheat the soap. The only tricky thing is they can sometimes be stiffer which makes the soap harder to remove.

I'd love to see that bunny when he is finished! Have fun! :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:11 pm 

Is there a temp. that you feel the soap should be at/around when working with the plastic mold types? I'm afraid of melting him.
I have seen online that I should possibly spritz the mold with the alcohol first, and if I have troubles removing, try the freezer trick.
The plastic molds look really fun, and now that I am looking closer, it seems like the majority of the molds I had stored in my wishlist are plastic.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:36 am 

My white BB soap arrives today so I am going to try out these bunnies!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:09 pm 

Yay! Let us know how it goes! Have fun making them, they are so cute! =)