[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - M&P bases and lather

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: M&P bases and lather
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:42 am 

Is Goat's milk melt and pour bases the most hydrating of the melt and pour soaps? Also can I add additional oils to make them even more hydrating? What amount of oil I could use per lb? Can you add borax to melt & pour bases to create more lather?

Post subject: Re: M&P bases and lather
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:25 pm 

Goat's milk or olive oil MP base are the most gentle.
You can add up to 1 TABLESPOON TOTAL of any oil or butter per lb. of MP soap base. Adding more then that and you will definitely loose lather and bubbles.
Adding borax to a MP soap base will not give you more bubbles and can make the soap irritating to the skin.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:29 am 

Soapbuddy thanks again. Can I ask a few more questions about the M&P? Goat's milk or olive oil MP base are the most gentle you stated.

Are all M&P soaps glycerin based? I don't seem to like the high gloss they seem to create that I've seen. is there another type of soap that you would recommend?
Also I wanted to know how do I store my M&P soaps in their block form until I'm ready to use them? How do I prevent my soaps from sweating after I have made them? Which M&P soaps don't sweat or are low seating?
Thanks so very much, your the best!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:22 pm 

Yes. All MP soaps are glycerin based. I store my MP soap blocks in large Ziploc bags. They need to be tightly wrapped to prevent glycerin seeping out or sweating.
After your MP soap is made, shrink wrap it as soon as it cools off to help prevent sweating.
If you live in an area with high humidity, you can try a low sweat MP base. It contains less glycerin. I prefer a regular MP base as the low sweat base is harder to work with and tends to be more drying to my skin.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:24 pm 

Thanks so much!!!! Good info.