[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Printer Model for Water Soluble Paper

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:23 pm 

Hello fellow soap makers,
I would truly appreciate your input. After working with an HP LaserJet printer my water soluble paper started to jam. I begun to research a new printer but no one seems to have an answer as to which model LASER COLOR is most suitable for that type of printer.

I've tried Canon laser, failed. I've tried Brother laser, failed. I have also tried HP Inkjet, but the imaged dissolved over a period of time and my M&P soap doesn't look good. :shock: (I did wait and I did spray with hairspray).

Brambleberry.com has been super helpful, but we are still looking for the exact model printer recommendation. I understand top loading printers work best, but they are extinct in laser (As per HP).

If you can please provide some useful information about what type of printer do you use, I would truly appreciate it. What setting, etc.

Again, thank you for your time!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:27 am 

I have a brother mfc-9325cw and it works fine with the water soluble paper. I put one piece at a time in the paper feed drawer and let it do it's thing. Never had a jam yet and I just made a TON of M&P soaps with soluble paper embedded for Christmas gifts.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:23 pm 

I have used my old HP 2600 laser for almost ten years. Works great with the paper. Did you try cleaning your rollers?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:21 pm 

Thank You so much for your wonderful replies. Unfortunately my HP LaserJet200 color M251Nw prints, and then jams. It happens every now and then, and wastes too much paper :cry: I bought a Brother HL-3170CDW series with a front feed, and it was printing fine, and then again, starts jamming the paper. I put two sheets at the same time and it works fine. Thank you all for help. Hope my post will also help printing with WSP ! :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:37 pm 

Do you have a friend with a Kodak printer? I do not know if they are laser or ink, but it might be worth a try. I had one and it was so great I wore it out, although I was not a soaper at the time and cannot vouch for how it do with water soluble paper. It did do very well with feeding all sorts of crazy stuff into it. I fed one piece in at a time as earlier suggested. I stuffed cardstock, half cardstock, thin fabric, paper taped together, wax paper, and I can't even remember what-all into that thing.

I have an HP printer now and I argue with it a lot, especially if I am trying to do sticker paper for labeling things. I know that probably isn't a whole lot of help, but it could be worth a shot.

My first piece of water soluble paper just came to me from BB today. Now I'm scared. LOL. I have a friend who wants a leopard print soap, and I thought maybe I could accomplish it this way with M&P.

We shall see!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:36 pm 

Well I have the HP laserjet pro m251nw and I haven't had a problem with it. I use Avery labels for all my products and the only issue I've had was with the "textured" labels with the ink rubbing off if you held and rubbed it. Kind of annoying but I've used clear and glossy labels with no issues!

My shop: The Black Currant on Etsy!
My blog: http://www.theblackcurrantshop.wordpress.com
Also on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube!