[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - detail work for mp soap

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: detail work for mp soap
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:29 pm 

Can anyone tell me how to fill in the details in a complex mold? If there are multiple designs to highlight in different colors, I can't figure out how to fill in the small areas. For example, I just got a new mold with different kinds of flowers. I tried using an eye dropper to fill in the petals, leaves, etc, but the soap hardened in the dropper and only worked for a short time. I put it in the microwave to try to melt it but it didn't work. How can I get the results I want?
Thanks....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:56 pm 

BrambleBerry has an injector tool and a clean up tool. They might help. http://www.brambleberry.com/Injector-So ... P4660.aspx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:47 pm 

I think it also just takes practice and being able to work fairly fast because you have a small window of time between too hot to put in the mold and getting thick from cooling. When I used to do intricate design work I would keep a very hot cup of water nearby to clean out my dropper when the soap cooled inside it, you just have to be careful not to get water into your soap, and not to melt your dropper if it's plastic. (I've done both :roll: )

I also tried getting some soap paints and adding detail after unmolding, but that is just as difficult, and sometimes smears.

I don't do MP too much anymore, hopefully someone more experienced at detail work can give you some good tips!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:32 pm 

Thanks....I ordered some tools from Brambleberry.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:25 pm 

Just be sure to work fast with the injector! On my first detail project my soap solidified before I could blink! If that happens to you just put the syringe on a paper towel and microwave it for no more than 5 seconds! It re melts and comes out into the paper towel! Any more time and I'd fear the syringe melting or something! :shock:

My shop: The Black Currant on Etsy!
My blog: http://www.theblackcurrantshop.wordpress.com
Also on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube!