[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - I'm very new with questions

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:06 pm 

Hi everyone! I have wanted to make soap for years. I have 5 kids at home and have chosen m&p to keep lye from being in the house till all of my babies are older.

I purchased some m&p from Michaels just to test out if it is something I really want to do. Before tackling it, I read soap queen blog and watched her YouTube videos multiple times. I noticed that even though I made sure to have my soap melted down completely, it still stuck to my spoon and got lumpy so fast I had to remelt to pour it. Even though I sprayed the top there were still tiny bubbles around the edge and the bottom was not smooth at all.

Given that it was my first time, I know I would be bound to make mistakes but any idea what I could do different in the future?
I used the double boiler method today with clear mp.

Thank you,

Heather Anne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:52 pm 

Welcome! The craft store stuff is terrible quality. Get yourself a better base. BrambleBerry carries a sample pack if you want to try out different kinds. http://www.brambleberry.com/A-Melt-And- ... P4280.aspx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:40 am 

Exactly what Irena said. All the craft store melt and pour I've ever tried doesn't stay liquid very long, bubbles up really easily and depending on your skin, is very itchy and drying.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:22 pm 

Thank you both! I will get that sampler pack this week. Can You recommend a good tray mold?

Heather

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:23 pm 

Thank you both! I will get that sampler pack this week. Can You recommend a good tray mold?

Heather

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:48 pm 

How big of a tray? You might be able to find a small silicone loaf mold used for baking at your local store.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:27 pm 

Thank You. I am thinking of picking up a tray mold on BB