[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - New project showcase - Flaunt your stuff!!

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 286  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:46 pm 

wow, I love the wave one.... I bet it smells heavenly.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:13 am 

Soapchick have been nice to their soaps, for rosemary mint but is very nice, close your eyes and imagine a really big wave. Congratulations :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:20 am 

So I made some new soaps - I've got enough to wash for a year!

I was thinking about colour block soaps I've seen online and tried the same technique. These are with clear M&P, with Tomato Leaf FO (sounds odd but very nice, perfume like even) and jojoba oil, the orange colour looks pink because it has a pearliser in it:

This was made with the leftover purple soap ... poured into a square mould and left to set, then cut into diamonds and used as embeds into pale purple goatsmilk M&P ... again using Tomato Leaf FO.

I fancied something with mint (to wake me up in the mornings) and thought chocolate would go very well with it... the top one is goatsmilk M&P with jojoba oil and scented with Mint FO and Dark Chocolate FO ... coloured with cocoa (hence the speckles which I like). The bottom one is made with honey M&P and the rest of the goatsmilk Mint & Chocolate - this is harder to make as the honey sets at a different time from the goatsmilk hence why it's seemed to have run into each other a little (the double pour with the all goatsmilk worked better so the lesson learned is not to use two different sorts of bases, even if they're from the same supplier).

And finally, thought I'd make something that was sort of chunks but looked a little like a fruit cup too... scented with Stargazer Lily but oddly smells of berries too for some reason! Chunks of purple clear and orange clear embedded into clear M&P, which is a little cloudy due to the jojoba oil and the FO.

That's it!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:09 am 

Those look great! I love that Dark Chocolate FO! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:30 pm 

Honey,

They all look wonderful. I love the first one that is multi colours and the chocolate one that has 2 colours on top.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:19 am 

Thanks ladies - I hated the fruit cup ones so they got chopped up and re-melted yesterday! Tried the clear rubber stamp thing again but I find those two layers difficult. Will keep trying!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:19 pm 

Image[img]tHIS%20ONE%20IS%20MY%20HERBAL%20MOIST%20SHAMPOO%20BAR,%20WHICH%20I%20ALSO%20MAKE%20IN%20LIQUID,
Image, LOOFAH IN CRAYOLLA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:41 am 

That's pretty!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:45 am 

Thanks, soapbuddy! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:08 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:12 pm 

Thanks, theginger8!

I used Bramble Berry's 2.5 lb. loaf mold. To get the blocking effect between the layers, I tipped the mold at an angle and propped it up so it was steady. Then I poured about 6 oz. of whatever color and waited for it to harden up enough so I could tip it the other way (about 15 minutes or so; Anne-Marie's Soap Queen TV tip to blow on the layer to see if it's hardened up enough is good -- if you blow and see ripples, it's not hardened enough!). Then I tipped it the other way, poured another 6 oz. of a different color, and waited for it to harden up. Then, I set the mold upright again and filled in the space between the two angled pours with another color. Then I added more layers on top, but you could just do it without the layers around it, too! (Don't forget to spritz your layers with rubbing alcohol after pouring and right before pouring the next layer!) After the loaf was set up (I let it sit overnight), I unmolded it and cut it with a crinkle cutter.

It's a fun technique -- you can really have fun playing around with it! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:08 am 

Jrose they are lovely lovely soaps!!! I have to say, I cannot get my clear glycerine that clear - do you use a specially clear base? Mine is always slightly murky.

Loving the blocking too - very clever!

Do you make just for yourself and friends or do you sell as yet?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:02 pm 

JRose,

Love both of your soaps, they are really cool looking. Thanks for sharing the tilted layer technique as I've seen a few of those and love them, think I'll try one as well. The swirl blue on top of that one is fantastic.

Ditto on the clear M&P for your Honeysuckle one. Do you use an extra clear base and a non discolouring FO? I use SFIC but mine is always cloudy as I use either EO's of FO's.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:30 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:30 am 

jrose,

Thanks for your response. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun and learning along the way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 286  Next