[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - New project showcase - Flaunt your stuff!!

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 286  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:40 am 

Eelyak - I love those swirled M&P soaps... can you please tell me how you do that? I tried at the weekend and it wasn't so successful (pic below - excuse the vile colours!)

I did make these, goats milk and honey bases, with jojoba oil and Hazelnut and Coffee FO (I wanna eat them!)

Also made this out of scraps for my friend's daughter who's a big tomboy and loves anything blue.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:23 am 

http://soap-queen.blogspot.com/2009/05/ ... ode-3.html

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:36 am 

Thanks for the link - turns out I was swirling right and just didn't know it! My only problem was my terrible choice of colours (my orange would have looked better if I'd not put the blue colour in the goat's milk base!).

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:52 pm 

eelyak and honey - those are both great soaps! Good job to both of you! :D

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:00 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:13 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:15 pm 

I'll try a bar TheGinger8. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:01 am 

Got a little carried away with the swirling!
Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:59 am 

Great job! They are beautiful!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:42 pm 

eelyak, those are really pretty soaps! I love them all. In the black one how did you get the color so rich? Did you use clear soap for it?

http://www.amplifymesoapco.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:10 pm 

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:43 am 

I love those soaps eelyak!!! What are the scents in each of them??

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:44 am 

Well Saturday is fast becoming my soap day! And this time my hubby joined in too!

This was made by my hubby (M) - he used clear glycerine soap with Ocean FO and sweet almond oil added (half was coloured blue). He poured the blue base, stuck in large tubes and straws (to make holes) and then poured clear glycerine around them. Once set, he removed the tubes and straws and poured more blue into the holes and to make a top slice. He's not quite happy with it as the tubes can't be seen very clearly - I think it was a matter of just using a darker blue for the central bits. Anyways, here are the pics.

Image Image

In between making my main soap (pics below), I made these - we spent an hour or more at the local DIY store where we got white plastic tubing and these lovely little gingerbread cookie cutters. So I made these using the cookie cutters (goat's milk and honey M&P scented with Bailey's Cream FO and added sweet almond oil) they didn't work out exactly right as there were supposed to be three layers but I think I left the first one harden too long before I added the leftover from the cut out (that or it simply didn't stick at all - probs should have trimmed it and made it more of an embed) - but no matter, I trimmed it off and it smells good!

Image Image

Finally, this was my main soap. I used a square beaker type of tupperware, cut the white plastic tubing into three and placed these in the mould (on a thin layer of goat's milk M&P to secure them), then poured Goat's Milk M&P around the empty tubes (scented with Passionfruit & Pink Grapefruit FO and added Sweet Almond Oil). Then, once set, I took the tubes out, melted 40g of clear M&P per tube cavity, added the FO to each and coloured one orange, one fuschia and one purple - then as I made each, I poured these into the cavities. Once it was all set, I cut it all into three slices (though I cannot cut straight to save my life, I need a way to do that better!).

Image Image Image

I'm not sure the purple is non-bleed (hoping it is) and I'm not entirely happy that there's not a huge colour difference between the orange and the fuschia colours. I think it'd also look great in a blue, turquoise & green colourway.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:37 pm 

Very cute & interesting!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:03 am 

Thanks :oops: Turns out the purple is not a non-bleed colour and only one day later, is already bleeding into the white. Oh well, it still smells lovely and works fine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 286  Next