[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - wrapping soap - shrink wrap

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:17 am 

This may be a silly question but when I shrink wrap my soap it ends up smooth and all, but there is an air bubble stuck inside. (like a balloon). It is not noticeable, but U can feel it. Usually I would heat it more but then the plastic would crack and expose the soap, which i do not want. So is this normal? does anyone else have a problem like this?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:53 pm 

I get that sometimes when I have my heat gun too close and the heat too high. Even on the lowest setting it still happens if I have my gun on for too long trying to wrap large batches. The only solution I have been able to come up with is using the lowest setting on my heat gun, holding it further away from my soaps, and letting it cool down after having doing about 15 soaps. It doesn't always work but I roll with it and try not to be a perfectionist about it, after all it is handmade so imperfections add to the character.

Lj

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:56 pm 

You can always use a tiny needle to pop a hole that's small enough to let the air escape while shrinking it