[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Swirling troubles

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Swirling troubles
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:35 pm 

I have tried a couple of swirls now and I am just having so much trouble! I am waiting until 135 degrees to do the pour. When I attempt swirling patterns it all goes into big bunches of color instead of swirled BEFORE I even try to run a spoon through it. Any tips? I am using BB bases from the sample pack. Using micas to color. And using alcohol spray. Is this just something I just have to do a million times before I get it down?

Post subject: Re: Swirling troubles
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:33 am 

I know post is from last May, but I have had some luck with swirling with MP. I think that you are pouring at too high of a temperature. Try to pour much cooler, say about 125-128 degrees.

If you are pouring into a cube you can pour both colors from separate corners this way. I like to pour layers and swirl. I pour in one color and wait a couple of minutes and then pour the next colour on top of that and run a chopstick or spoon through to the next color. AM has some great videos doing this.

I wish you the best!