[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - M&P salt bar

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: M&P salt bar
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:13 pm 

Post subject: m&p salt bar
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:52 am 

Hi Armi!
I am so glad you had that day off work. I have been trying all sorts of different ideas with m&p to make a salt bar for a few months now and have read and reread every recipe I could find. I have followed your recipe and what a stroke of genius to add the foamy bath butter! Fantastic.

You are right it sets up really, really fast, luckily I got it into a mold (small loaf mold) just in time. I scented with sex on the beach (could do with a bit more next time as the smell is faint) and I used normal salt. I only had organic shea butter. It works, it works, it works! I cant tell you how thrilled I am with your recipe. I had to convert to grams as we dont have pounds here in Australia but it works!

Previously I had done as you and used the same ratio, then I halved the salt to soap and that sort of worked (ie more bubbles, but not soft and creamy). Your recipe is soft, silky soft and creamy, lathers beautifully and stings like hell on that small cut I didnt even know I had - thanks for that! :lol:

You are a star :D and I am just so grateful that someone of your experience has had the time to try to make a salt bar with m&p. I too spend far too much on the only ones I can find here in Australia - from Lush. M&p can do so many things and now it can make salt bars!

Thank you thank you thank you.

I have lots of questions such as how did you think to halve the soap and substitute the other half with foamy bath butter? Just brilliant. I am sure others will try and have questions also, so I look forward to hearing their views as well.

Thank you again
Jo
Australia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:44 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:23 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:34 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:34 pm 

hey Armie!! i just switched jobs, so i've been a bit busy. i hope things will calm down soon :)

thanks for posting this about the salt m&p bar. i've been wondering about this for a while! :D

i can't wait to try it myself! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:44 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:49 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:55 pm 

Post subject: m&p alt bar
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:05 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:38 pm 

Post subject: m&p salt bar photos
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:04 pm 

Hi Armi,
Hope you have a great night at work. Sorry these photos arent fantastic, but, well it is a white loaf of soap and that doesnt really make for anything too exotic! Also I am not as I said fantastic at photos. Hopefully you will say your salt bar looks like this (the 6 loaf slices were made about 12 hours ago)

close up

February attempts at cp like top (not armygirl's recipe)

close up

Hope you can see these and sorry the quality is not fantastic. :oops:

Let me know what you think armi and hopefully we have produced something that looks similar!!! We can do m&p salt bars I know it! :D

edited to fix links

Jo

Last edited by curlycoat2 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:07 am 

Hi, ladies! I have been watching this with alot of interest, because I've been curious about salt bars. I just knew Armi would figure out a good recipe because she just seems that type who won't let go of something until she figures it out! (thanks, Armi, for doing all that hard work!) I love those pictures, btw :wink:

When I get rich again (next payday) I'm gonna have to invest in the ingredients to make some. I still don't know how they work or anything, but I'm willing to try. I was going to buy some Magic Hands' salt bars last night, but hubby really needs some wax for his candles, so, that's what I bought instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:09 pm 

Hi, everyone! Just got home from work and I'm really tired after working a 12 hour shift (and I work again tonight), but I'm real happy to hear from you all! :)

Yes, Curlycoat2, my salt bar looks very similar to yours. :wink: Those are great pictures BTW, so you have no reason to be embarassed about them. So far, I've only posted 1 picture here on the forum and it was a naked lady to boot. :oops: But I am proud of that soap because it looks so lifelike.

Hi, Pretty in Pink! Thank you for the compliments. :oops: Magic_Hands has the best salt bars that I've tried so far, so I tried to make this M&P salt bar similar to hers. It's not a perfect duplication, but it is comparable. A good salt bar has this lotion-like lather that is very soft, the salt itself is exfoliating even wet and should feel almost smooth to touch. It should leave your skin baby soft (from the exfoliation) and moisturized (from the shea butter). When you do get the chance, please try this recipe for yourself. The recipe can be made in smaller batches using just a quarter amount of the ingredients if you don't want to waste your materials in case you don't like it. To make approximately 4 4oz bars, use 4 oz BB white like-CP soap base, 4 oz BB foaming bath butter, 5cc melted shea butter and 8 oz salt - you can use whatever you prefer or have on hand, but I prefer and used table salt because of the consistent fine grain and since I know there aren't any impurities like seashell fragments mixed in like there is in Dead Sea salt which can irritate and abrade/cut your skin.

Please keep me updated on how this works out for all of you. Thank you! Sorry, it's bedtime for me so I can work tonight. I'll try and post some pictures after I make a new batch on my next day off.:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:42 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next