[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Lip Scrubs

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Lip Scrubs
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:04 pm 

I was wondering if anyone has made a lip scrub. I have these great little jars that would be perfect for packaging but am having a hard time with a recipe. I was thinking sugar, sweet almond oil, shea butter or pistachio butter, and maybe cocoa butter. One of my questions is about preservatives. I think I should use one, but since it might be ingested in small amounts, I'm nervous about making someone sick. Has anyone made lip scrubs before? Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Lip Scrubs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:43 pm 

Ohh I really fancy making some lip scrubs too :)

So I was really cheeky and looked at a popular bath and body products shop (not mentioning any names!) and this is their ingredients:

Caster sugar, organic jojoba oil, flavour and colour

Hmm they don't have any preservative. I was wondering if you would definitely need a preservative for this product though? Anyway, hope this helps a little for your possible recipe :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:52 pm 

My first thought was that I would NOT need a preservative because water would not be introduced into the product but I have heard such horror stories about sugar and yucky things growing in it! :shock: Anyway, thank you so much for responding and helping.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:56 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:54 am 

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:25 am 

Im not trying to upset anyone but I can't imagine why anyone would want to scrub their lips unless they have some sort of OCD. I've just never seen a reason to want to do that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:29 am 

if you have chapped lips, a quick little scrub is great for that - just lightly, then add some good lip balm and you're all better. :)

for an at home version, i like saving honey that has crystalized. add a little sugar if it isn't scrubby enough.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:37 am 

I must have skipped the scrubing part and went streight to the lip balm . Which Im never without beacuse I work outside. Great tip about the honey Id never have thought of that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:26 pm 

Oh my gosh Linda, you're post made me laugh so hard! I guess if you have never used a lip scrub, it would seem weird.

If you pm me your address I will send you some to try ( but please be honest about what you think ). I love giving out samples and getting feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:09 am 

Lol I love them. I regularly use my toothbrush on my lips too (I hate dry cracked lips) then smother them in Vaseline. Soo soft afterwards.

The reason I wanted to make them was because I had a few friends buying them from a certain somewhere and they charge a small fortune and it's becoming a bit more popular over here anyways, so thought I might give it a shot :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:31 am 

I do the toothbrush thing too sometimes! :D
Works pretty good!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:52 pm 

I get chapped lips all the time cause of a lip piercing. I'm wondering if you could add sugar to a lip balm recipe and make a scrubby balm that's more solid? Hmmm. *goes off to the mad science lab*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:21 am 

That's exactly what I was thinking - Great minds do think alike :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:04 pm 

Haven't been on here in AGES due to being sick, and life in general. However, I wanted to update....adding sugar to a solid balm recipe does NOT work hehehehe I've been trying variations for 3 days to no avail. I gave up, and instead am going to try to make a whipped butter type one tomorrow.

For the record, the sugar either sinks to the bottom of the container, doesn't mix and ends up being left in the pyrex, or starts dissolving in the mixture:)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:49 pm 

I don't know if anyone knew this, but I did a little research and come to find out, caster sugar is nothing but ground white sugar!!

Sonya