[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Dip in lip balm

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dip in lip balm
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:48 am 

Hello all!! I just made some delicious smelling lip balms, (first time), and there is a dip in the middle. What do I do? Can I redo it? I only made two so I could see if I did them right. Also, what is the ratio of flavoring to each tube? I can't do a whole batch at a time because I normally only sell one at a time on Etsy. Thank you!!

Post subject: Re: Dip in lip balm
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:10 pm 

The hotter you pour, the more of a dimple you will get. You could redo it, but that means you would either be touching the balm, or some of your flavor oils could dissipate with remelt. I'm confused on your second question; you are asking how much flavor oil to use in your lip balms, yet you are already selling them on etsy? Didn't you get a correct % from the lip balm vendor?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:52 pm 

I meant in general, I only sell one thing at a time on Etsy, meaning I don't make a whole bunch of stuff because it takes a while sometimes for me to sell an item so I'll make like one soap at a time or one batch of sugar cubes or 1 lip balm, but I want to make it the correct way before I actually list it. I made 2 lip balms just to see if I did it right, one came out perfect but has a dip in the middle. The flavor oil, I poured by smell if that makes any sense. But no, I haven't posted it yet becasue I want to make sure I do it right. Sorry for the confusing part!! I noticed that I have to pour hot because if I wait for it to be cool, it doesn't pour even or smooth, but gloppy and ugly. Sorry!! :) How do I measure if I'm doing one to 3 tubes at a time (flavor oil to balm base?)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:57 pm 

Depending on the vendor's recommendation, I would use a pipette for such a tiny batch. I wouldn't go just by smell. If you use too much flavor oil, it can irritate the lips and possibly make the taste bitter.