[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Did my space heater ruin my bath bombs?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:28 pm 

I made a batch of bath bombs 2 days ago (Sunday night) and they came out great and were drying nicely too and then today they were in a room where I had left my space heater on by accident while I was out of the house and now they are cracking! It was a smaller room so it got pretty warm and it's raining today too. Do you think the humidity and the space heater worked together or maybe just the space heater to crack my bath bombs or maybe it's just my recipe?? Ugh. They looked so good this morning too! Thanks.

Also, my recipe is

-1/2c baking soda
-1/4c epsom salt
-1/4c corn starch
-1/4c citric acid
-1/2 tbsp almond oil
-1/2 tbsp water and I mix in my liquid 'soap making' colorants with the water
-Essential oils

I mix the baking soda, epsom salt, and corn starch together with a whisk. Then I mix in the almond oil and essential oil combination into the dry ingredients with my (gloved) hands. After that I mix in the water/colorant combination with my hands also. And last I mix in the citric acid with a whisk and then my hands too. Do you think that maybe my recipe is just off? My bombs look great right after being molded and I leave them in the molds for a day also. Then I take them out and let them dry for another day or so if they need it. I've been making small batched that yield 2 large bombs while I work on my recipe. I thought this one was good, but my bombs are cracked 1-2 days later now. So does it look like my recipe is off or maybe they were cracking b/c of leaving my space heater on? Or because of the rain today or a combination of all these things?? Ugh why are bath bombs so hard?!

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:05 pm 

My bet is on the heat that made them crack.