[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Bath bomb recipe

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Bath bomb recipe
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:12 pm 

Hello,
I'm new to soap making and even newer to bath bombs. I've been into making my own skincare products since I have sensitive skin and I don't want to spend a lot of money on organic skincare when I can make it at home much cheaper. Lately I've been thinking about making bath bombs. I love the lush bath bombs but I have eczema and the ones I've used so far made it worse. Can someone share a good bath bomb recipe? The ingredients I bought are: baking soda, citric acid, Epsom salt, kaolin clay, arrowroot powder, which hazel, some fragrances and colors. I know the ratio of baking soda to citric acid is 2:1 but what about the other ingredients I listed? How much kaolin clay and arrowroot powder to the 2:1 baking soda/citric acid ratio? Also what are some good oils to add into the recipe? I currently have coconut oil, grape seed, jojoba, rose hip, vitamin E, castor, and argon.

Thank you all in advance!

Post subject: Re: Bath bomb recipe
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:22 pm 

Take a look here: https://www.soapqueen.com/category/bath ... h-fizzies/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:40 am 

Thank you! I made my first batch last night. They turned out okay but I didn't add enough liquid because they didn't harden. Held the shape but are very crumbly. I'm going to try again.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:28 pm 

They are not easy to make. Some success also depends on the humidity in your area, how much liquid you add and how hard you pack the mold.