[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Bath Bomb recipe problem, help needed!

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:27 am 

Hi everyone!

I'm currently experimenting now for a while with some recipes, and I have found a pretty reliable recipe for now but thing is, it's really expensive, and I'm looking for a cheaper alternative.

I watched many YouTube videos, especially Lush's "How It's Made", because I like how lightweight they are and the texture of the crust of their bombs.

I found out that they use powder citric acid instead of granular citric acid, which I thought was the key to getting that lightweight and beautiful crusty bomb.

I stuck to my own recipe, just replaced the citric acid. The bomb turned out really good, until I came back the next day and found an exploded, pre-reacted bath bomb..

I was so disappointed, because my old recipe never ever reacted, even though the humidity is really high here. Mostly around 60-80%.

When I leave the powder recipe in the mold, it won't react, but if i remove it after 72 hours, it still reacts and gets that exploded, bubbly surface. Most bath bombs should be dry in 24 hours in my experience..

Can someone help me out on this? Is it the humidity after all? Any other experiences with citric acid in powder form? I really want to make this recipe work for me.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:04 am 

I believe you can actually "bake" them in the oven at a low temp (maybe 170 F) with the oven door open (to let moisture escape) and then wrap them when they come out of the oven