[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Using Herbs in lotions

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Using Herbs in lotions
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:34 pm 

I looked in all of my herbal teaching books for this answer but didn't find it. When using herbs in lotions which method is better, using an oil infusion or a water infusion? I was wondering if one method would preserve the herbs better and/or help them be absorbed better by the skin. Do you have any book recommendations for me?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:04 pm 

I would go with the oil infusion and make sure that the herbs are dry.
Any herbs or a herbal ingredients is much harder to preserve.
If you are planning on selling, I would get your lotion tested.
Which preservative are you planning on using?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:43 pm 

Optiphen for the ones with water and just Vitamin E for another item. it just has oils and beeswax with a few eo in it.