[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - What could cause a fragrance oil to smell sulphuric?!

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:38 pm 

I am FREAKING out....PLEASE help if this has happened to you! I swear, I am running into so many obstacles before this launch it's INSANE!! I have a bedtime bath bomb, it's my pride and joy because it took forever to get it down...this happened ONCE months ago, but hasn't happened since...till NOW!! These are the oils both in the core of the bomb and the shell...

Both Lavender eo's and fo's
Both Sandalwood eo's and fo's
Both chamomile eo's and fo's
ylang ylang eo
benzoin absolute
tonka absolute
and just 1 ml Vanilla select from BB

I don't understand why this happened again, just as I didn't understand it the first time. But it is a HUGE waste, and obviously not good at all. Not to get all upset on here, but I'm ready to cry. There is a batch of 14 drying, and smelling NOTHING like they normally do. Does ANYONE know what could have caused this? BB is out of stock on the colorant I use for the shell until Sept. 30th. I have enough for 2 more batches, and I'm terrified!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:02 pm 

Did you make the fragrance blend beforehand? Did you use an ultramarine powder for color?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:25 am 

OMG!!! I DID! The ultramarine powder...I use pink ultramarine oxide for color...and with this batch I was a bit heavy handed, I wanted them a bit more pink...and looking back, I've used the same colorant trying to make these guys the whole time!!! THAT'S what it is? My last batch, I didn't use much, but what's flipping me out is I got a nice pink color on the batch that was too soft to ship anywhere (I took the box outside, very well packed, and played soccer with it lol), but ZERO sulphur smell. I'm perplexed! I always use the same fragrance blend...the only thing I leave out till the end is my precious tonka absolute. That and rose (bigger bottles) are on my "rewards list". :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:07 am 

It's the ultramarine then.