[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - I need help on how to Use Borax Solution for Liquid Soap

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:21 am 

Hi, I saw where Soapbuddy helped another poster over liquid soap. and said that if you use a 0% superfat for making liquid soap, then you will need to do a Borax Solution . And this is why she superfats at least 3%.
Well, I did that recipe on Soaping101.com to make liquid castile soap....i have had more issues than I want to admit. Anyway, when i add it to my sink and then add water, it seems like I have to ONE, add ALLOT of the liquid, and then 2, all the bubbles POP and go flat it seems whithin like 30 seconds or so, and then I am left with SUPER MILKY WATER to wash my dishes in. And then, it seems as if thier is a tacky film that gets left on the dishes, and in the water their will be this white fluffy WAX OR FAT SCUM that floats around the edges of the wash bucket. I have done experiments, where I do not even ad a single dish to the water, and the scum will still be their, it feels NICE on my hands, but it makes a cloudiness to my glass drink-ware and leaves a weird shadow of grease on my dishes. She states in the video that you do NOT need to do anything else to the soap, that it is fine to use right away. it is made with glycerin instead of water, so it traces in just a few quick minutes, she states it should take 90 minutes to come to the stage where when you test the paste, that the paste with water test should go clear...well, this took me 4 and a half hours to get my paste to run clear in that test. So, now I feel as if I am doubting myself..this is the first time I ever made it, and when I use it for shampoo, i totally need to do a vinegar rinse with it. I am confused, this castile soap is supposed to be good enough to scrub your floors and toilets, yet be gentle enough to use on a baby...I wanted to make this soap cause it would REPLACE ALL my other soaps, even my body wash...well, that was my HOPE at least. now, due to all the troubles with it, the remainder of the soap is sitting under my sink and I am afraid to use it...lol. So, should i of used a borax solution, or leave it be...and HOW do I do a borax solution...I did not find any directions anyplace. Does anybody have a BETTER recipe for me to use, so that I can wash my dishes without the scum, and at the same time, wash the floor, my hair and body, the toilet sink, and then MY GRAND-BABY?? I think I need help now...I developed a LIQUID SOAP PHOBIA...lol

Here is the video link that I used:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VUGV_H7bZU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:04 pm 

You won't get bubbles with castile soap. For cleansing AND bubbles, you would be better doing a coconut oil batch.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:00 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:14 pm 

Yes, that's normal. Store bought soap is made with synthetic surfactants, which is what gives the soap bubbles.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:19 am 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:54 am 

I don't use handmade soap to wash dishes with for this very reason. It leaves a residue on the dishes, whether hand washed or in the dishwasher.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:45 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:36 am 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:16 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:28 pm 

I decided to keep TRYING to get my liquid soap to work...I figure it works for SOME...not everybody, but SOME have made it work. Well, thats good new as if SOMEBODY else can do it, so Can I....I will keep trying indeed. If I find something that WORKS...Oh ya, I will share that info here so ALL can understand and learn too. The Lightbulb took many tries, I am willing to make a lightbulb here....and I do believe someday I will have LIGHT :-)

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:24 am 

Ok....I got an answer to as why my sink water had litle bits of hard scum floating around....I added WAY TO MUCH Citric Acid in neutralizing the soap paste. I found out that citric acid is good, but if you use too much of it, it makes the soap break down. I should of used a bit at a time and tested after each addition to SEE if its neutral or not. Instead, I put ALL the citric acid solution I had made ito the soap paste. This is why I had a mess. So, in order to avoid SOAP SCUM when doing dishes with liquid castile soap, its best to add the citric acid to the soap paste a bit at a time then test along the way with PHENO Drops. wanted to give a heads up. Yes, hard water doesn't help...but saying that, too much citric acid can totally break down the soap paste and it starts to squeeze the soap paste in releasing some of the oils within the soap paste. I hope this helps somebody. It took a long time to learn this. I know it now tho....and it has helped me.