[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Desperate for awesome lavender and sandalwood eo!!!

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:53 pm 

Hey all!! I'm just looking for opinions on where to buy these eo's from...I liked BB's lavender 40/42, but was thinking of getting something more pure...I tried the same from The Chemistry Store, and UGH...imo it smells like a bad aftershave...I have a LOVELY bedtime 2 color bath bomb I'm working on, but without a good lavender, sandalwood, and oops! forgot to mention chamomile, it just won't work!! I'm about to place another order from BB, but I'm gonna wait for some suggestions!! Thanks everyone!! :)

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:23 am 

If you want something more "pure", it will be that much more expensive. Lavender 40/42 is pure. It is standardized usually with linalool, which is natural.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:50 pm 

Thanks Irena!!! Oh!! I checked out your eo site that you had mentioned....(I've got BB's Lavender 40/42 in my cart right now lol)....I'm dying to have some rose absolute on my shelf,( and of course in my products) and how I wish I could afford the 100%, but I'm just not at that stage yet...have you tried the 10% in Jojoba carrier? I'm also confused about which chamomile to purchase...I'm working on a great bedtime bath bomb, and I'm not going to advertise the properties of each oil, as I am not a doctor....just a girl with a good nose and insomnia lol. I figure I'll have repeat customers once they try it and have a good nights rest!! However, it is pricey, and I'd like to get the best one for relaxation purposes. I don't know why, but my heart is set on the Roman from BB.....I have no idea why....sorry about all the questions, I'm just trying to choose wisely! Thanks so much for all you're help!! Xx! Jaime at Bomb Diggy Bath & Beauty :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:06 pm 

I get my rose absolute from av-at.com It's the best, but it is pricey. For children, I prefer Roman Chamomile aka Anthemis nobilis . If I could afford Blue Chamomile I would use it instead.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:51 pm 

Mountain Rose Herbs has a great selection of excellent-quality essential oils as well. Most of their EOs are either certified organic or wild harvested if you are looking for quality in that direction. :)