[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - How safe are the essential oils from BB?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:50 am 

And if you can ever take a workshop with Robert Tisserand, do so!!! I did last Aug. in NYC, and it was so worth it. His updated book on essential oil safety is an excellent resource.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:54 pm 

I am interested in hearing how you handle doterra and young living reps telling you your oils are not pure, etc. I run into these people at every market and show. It is like dealing with a religious cult. You can't reason. What do other diapers do?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:45 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:55 pm 

I know this is an old post but I wanted to share my story. I first started using Young Living Oils December 2013. I decided to become a rep and start sharing. I purchased books and spent countless hours reading about the oils. I was told through books (written by Dr.'s that also sell and use YL oils) that using undiluted and internally was ok. Fast forward 5 months I took a class to do the raindrop technique. This is where you drop the oils onto the spine. The oils you use are very strong like oregano, rosemary, peppermint, wintergreen and a few others like thyme. And it's not just a few drops. You put a few on the feet then the spine. I'm sure some of you have heard of this. About 2 months later I started getting eczema. I've never had eczema. I didn't think it was from the oils so I kept on using them undiluted and internally, doing the raindrop, using them on my children. My eczema got worse and worse. Winter came along and so did catching colds. The year before when I started using the Eo I only got sick 2 times. This year I was sick almost constantly. I tried using more oils. My eczema got so bad the skin on my chest, back and neck was raw. I finally went to a dermatologist. When he learned that I made all of my own body products and didn't eat gluten/dairy he ruled it was the EO. I remember sitting in the Dr office feeling totally smug. This guy has NO CLUE. Has he ever heard of Young Living? How pure the oils are etc. But I decided what the hay, I'll do what he says to prove him wrong. He said stop using the oils for a couple months. If the eczema goes away try using them again. If it comes back then there is your answer. On the drive home I started thinking about it. Every where I had the eczema is where I liked to put my oils. After a few months the eczema went away. I didn't use them for about 5 months. When I started using them again I did so diluted and all was fine. A few times out of desperation (mastitis) i used frankincense undiluted. So as of right now I can't use them AT ALL or I will get eczema. My plan is to not use any for a year then try using extremely diluted. It makes me very sad. I can't scent my own lotions or even enjoy the smell through a diffuser. I am new to this group and new to having a business making lotions. I'm trying to only use natural stuff for my products so I did buy Brambleberry EO but not for myself. For myself I am switching over to hydrosols. I'm happy this happened to me because if it didn't I probably wouldn't believe it and could have hurt other people.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:31 pm 

Welcome!
I find Young Living oils extremely overpriced. I guess someone has to pay for the downline or is it upline?
I am a Certified Aromatherapist with 25+ experience and 1700 school hours. I am also a Holistic Health
Practitioner. I know of one person that has died after Raindrop Therapy.
Essential Oils should never be used undiluted (with VERY few exceptions) and never internally.
Undiluted essential oils taken internally can burn the mucous membranes in your mouth or the esophagus.
They can also damage your liver. There is no such thing as "therapeutic" oils. That term was coined by the
MLM companies to make more sales. Such term has no legal definition in the US.
I have seen lately more injuries from using essential oils improperly. It's really sad because some mothers
use the undiluted essential oils on their children with sometimes severe side effects. They are told that the
child is detoxing. No, it's the essential oils that are doing the damage. It doesn't surprise me that you had
such a reaction. I teach my clients the right way to use essential oils. Diluted only, not internally and no essential oils on a child
under two years of age. I know Young Living recommends drinking lemon essential oil in water. Essential Oils and water do NOT
mix. Those droplets with stay whole in the water. Over time, this "drink" can and does do damage. Hydrosol is a safer option.
I have a customer that severely allergic to Lavender essential oil as it was used in their house a lot when he was little. He became oversensitized to it and now can't use it in any form in anything.

I work with essential oils and blends almost every day. With some of them, I wear gloves and a disposable respirator.
Please don't drink the MLM Koolaid. I have taken Aromatherapy classes with Robert Tisserand and he is very knowledgeable.
I also recommend his book. Essential Oils Safety
You can find this book on Amazon.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:12 am 

Thank you for responding. Yes, it is very sad that EO's and how powerful they are is not respected. And I blame it on the MLM companies. Each claiming to be the best and only their eo is 'pure'. As if every other eo company uses toxic chemicals and only YL or Doterra distill. It's such BS. And it's no wonder the FDA came cracking down on it 2 years ago. Thank you again. I will look into this author.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:31 am 

Hi,

I was given a "digestive" sample by a doterra rep. It was a mixture of oils. The ones I picked out was Tea Tree, Lavender and another one I could not name. Their EO are not pure they are a mixture of oils.
They don't sell them at the markets they are looking for "sales" folks so they can get more commissions. I have thought about buying the sampler from BB and selling them but don't want people to think they can use them right out of the bottle.
Great thread.
Debra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:42 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12749