[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Carrot Seed FO

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Carrot Seed FO
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:58 am 

I received a sample of Carrot Seed FO a LONG time ago from BB and I have not used it because oob it smells aweful. Any suggestions on what to do with it? Any mixes you can think of? It was so long ago, BB doesn't even carry it anymore. I was thinking a gardeners soap but I just don't know that I could stand it. Has anyone tried it and had success? TIA.

Post subject: Re: Carrot Seed FO
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:45 am 

Is it an FO or EO? I haven't smelled their FO. But I've used Carrot Seed EO, which is lightly sweet but woody/earthy and pretty strong when smelled OOB. But it definitely mellowed once I used it in something. I've blended that with Sweet Orange, lemon, litsea, Yuzu. I bet it might blend nice with BB's Energy FO.

Post subject: Re: Carrot Seed FO
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:41 am 

It's definitely fo. I got it as a sample probably 5 years ago. I don't know if it is even good still but BB puts everything in glass so I would assume it's ok. I was looking at the Energy FO and thinking about purchasing some since it seems like I may be the only soapmaker on the planet that doesn't own it (lol). I tried some blends yesterday with it with what I have on hand and I just couldn't get past the smell of the carrot seed. I may just ditch it. It's only .5oz.