[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Storing a lot of fragrance oil/eo bottles?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:33 am 

How does everyone store their fragrance bottles? Mine are on a shelf and I have to memorize whereabouts things are. I keep them grouped by vendor (i.e. Bramble Berry, Natures Garden, etc.). Then kinda like Christmas section, tropical section, dupe section, but I have a heck of a time reaching in and finding what I'm actually looking for. I keep all my supplies in a cupboard type closet (which is nice for the darkness on the FO's/EO's).

I wish I had something like a nail polish display so I could just look and see what's what. I have about 140 bottles, mostly 2 oz, but some 1/2 oz and some 4 & 8 oz ones.

How do you keep yours? How do you find what you're looking for?

Thanks! : )

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:36 am 

Mine are all on a shelf but in alphabetical order. Fo's in one spot and then Eo's in another.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:57 am 

I have dark storage cases with drawers that stand almost 6' tall. I have my eo's broken up alphabetically and the drawers labeled. Inside the drawers I have a small case that holds the 1/2oz bottles and the rest sit in there. I put all the ones I use regularly on my right so I can grab them easily and the not so well used on my left and they are alphabetized on their respective sides. I don't use too many fo's so those just have one drawer and are really just tossed in there. Lol When I want one, I just look through the drawer. If I had more, like you do, I'd alphabetize them.

In order to prolong shelf life they need to be out of direct sun, moved to smaller containers as the headspace becomes too great, and in a place where temperature fluctuations are kept to a minimum. Beyond that, the way you store them is whatever works best for you. And I am sure that you will change your storage methods a few times (at least) over your soaping lifetime. :D

Tammy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:03 pm 

Mine are in a large cabinet. I keep them alphabetical with a master list.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:27 pm 

Ohhh, Tammy, I'd love to see a shot what your storage cases look like. Mine are in the dark, so that part's working, I just am so tired of reeeaaching way back to grab one and have my sleeve bump all the ones in front.

Thank you all for your input. This really helps. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:28 pm 

Oh yeah, forgot to say, I keep a master list as well. VERY helpful, especially if I am going to Otions and I can check what I already have.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:38 pm 

ditto on the master list, it is also very helpful....just needs to be kept up. I hate to admit it, but I am remiss with that aspect at times. Lol

I will see if I can find an old picture of my storage drawers and upload if I find one. I can't upload a new one right now as something is wrong with my camera and or drivers right now, and so far, no luck in trying to figure out how to fix it! Grrrr
If I can't, I will send one when I get my things working.

Tammy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:57 pm 

Thanks Tammy, I'd sure appreciate it! I'm wanting MORE FO's and trying to rein myself in what with this frustration going on and I'm only gonna add to it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:14 pm 

Here is what mine looks like.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:57 pm 

Oh Irena! What a great cabinet!! You can see everything and there is plenty of room. Thank you for sharing. I can see my house needs some remodeling for space for new furniture! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:27 pm 

I used to use a cabinet similar to yours Irena, but I would always knock things over as I tried to get to the back of the shelves. Yes, I am a clutz! Lol That is the main reason I switched to all drawers, like a big plastic file cabinet. I put the names of the eo's on the tops of the lids with little stickers so I don't even have to pick the bottles up to see or to organize (which I have to do once in a while cuz I kind of get remiss with putting things back where they truly belong sometimes too! Lol )

But whatever you get and whatever you do, it has to work for you and in your space. So look around and think it over carefully. It can be a very large investment or a relatively small one. Yard sales, second hand shops and craig's list can be good places to find things, so don't over look less expensive means to your end. Someone once wrote on a thread that they took an old fridge and added shelves and made that their fragrance storage. Lots of means to the storage end, so good luck and happy dreaming and hunting !

Tammy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:32 pm 

How about a fridge like this? http://roberttisserand.com/2013/07/lemo ... oils-cool/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:12 am 

You guys are the greatest! What a wealth of information. I like the idea of labeling the tops - some folks do their lipsticks or mineral powders (i.e. Bare Minerals) like that.

I'll go take an ugly shot of my, um, setup. :wink:

Thanks for showing me. Love this thread! and you guys!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:39 am 

My husband thinks I have too many scents so maybe I should show him that picture! :lol:

I learn so much when I can't leave well enough alone!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:14 pm 

Tammy