[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Looking to trade!

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Looking to trade!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:26 pm 

Being the genius that I am, I purchased 2 5lb blocks of beautiful unrefined shea from Essential depot for $25 a block. But seeing as I only use it at 5% in my soaps I fear that the second block will not last until I get through the first block! So I decided I'd see if one of you lovelies would like to trade something for the shea! It is an entire 5lb block of unrefined shea butter. I've used the other block in soap, lotion, conditioner and salve. It's a REALLY nice shea! I was just over zealous! I don't want it to go to waste!

I also have ~1lb of pistachio butter and ~1lb of mowrah butter that I'd like to trade. I've tried both and really enjoy them, but again I won't use them before they go off. If you'd like to try either ofthese.. now is your chance! They are both from BB.

I'm looking to trade for FOs, EOs, molds, natural ingredients (flower petals, natural colourants, beeswax, etc) or products from you lovely folks!

Post subject: Re: Looking to trade!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:20 pm 

:shock: That's a lot of shea! :lol:
I wish I needed some, but I've got about 2# still.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:50 pm 

Heather...I would love to try the pistachio butter.....let me see what I have around here to trade. I am also about to make an order, is there anything you need that you would like for the trade specifically but do not want to orderjust yet?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:04 pm 

Botanicals actually. Like annatto, alkanet or woad. But I honestly don't have any specific needs, just like to try new stuff. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:59 am 

Heather, I have annatto, alkanet and madder that I'm not using. I'd be happy to send it to you. :D
All from BB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:17 am 

Yay Linda has you covered. OK I looked and I do jot have anything to trade outside the normal. Buttermilk powder, calendula petals and chamomile flowers is about it. Oh and some Hawaiian black sea salt. Does any of that sound appealing?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:50 am 

Actually, yes! That's the type of stuff I'm looking for! Organic botanical type stuff! It's my next experimentation goal!

That sounds awesome Linda! You tallow box should be there soon too, darn storm has seriously messed with the mail!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:56 am 

Okay...I will trade for the mowrah and pistachio as I have not tried either yet and I will just make you a box with some of everything including a tea I use for infusing. Sound good?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:09 am 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:04 pm 

Sounds great ladies! I will try to get that out tomorrow Cetawin, just PM me your address! :mrgreen:

Still 5lbs of shea up for grabs! Who loves shea? LOL :lol: I could also cut it into smaller portions I guess, if someone wants some shea but not all 5 pounds.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:36 pm 

I always go through Shea gal. I can take a couple pounds off your hands. Just set it and the other two butters aside and I will gather up everything and get a mold and other stuff plus some stuff from my order. My BB order should arrive here in about 10 days. I will make sure you get a variety of goodies to try and play with.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:34 pm 

Heather....I went shopping for us today. I needed some things so I picked up double of some for you and the trade. I grabbed a few things I thought you would like.

A quick list:

Mustard Poiwder (including my mustard bath recipe for you to try)
Poppy Seeds
Rosemary cut and sifted
White Sanding Sugar for tops
Meadow Tea
6" Cinnamon Sticks
Powdered Buttermilk
Dutch Chocolate Cocoa
Hazelnut Cream Dark Chocolate Cocoa
2 Mica Bowls
A Silicone Scraper
7 or 8 Cutters for embeds (I chose ones I thought you would like)
And I put some of my favorite additive in for you to try.....Powdered Peanut Butter

I am still looking....I have to bag some Calendula petals and chamomile flowers...plus the hawaiian black sea salt in there. Can you think of anything else you might want or need?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:47 pm 

Oh wow!! This will be like Christmas!!! Yay!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:01 pm 

awesome glad you like it...I have the box sealed so all I need is the mailing info. :). I will share some other goodies with you if you feel this is not up to par foe the trade...just let me know because the box is stuffed full. Hahaha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:58 pm 

Oh my, Cetawin, you said the magic words. I love peanut butter! What do you do with powdered peanut butter and where can I get some? Please, pretty please, spill the PB info! :D

I learn so much when I can't leave well enough alone!