[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Christmas swap signup!!

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:22 pm 

Looking good folks! I'm so excited that this swap is working out so well!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:53 pm 

My box to Shirlee will be going out tomorrow... for the THIRD time. But I SWEAR! IT IS COMING!

First time... I was a ditz. I don't drink coffee and was packing it up early in the morning. I got back from the post office dropping it off only to realize that I had cut the label out wrong. Needless to say, I was pissed at myself LOL Also, I know I wasn't going to get the box back but it was a few more days until I was able to go for Round TWO.

I sent out the replacement box this past Saturday with my carrier with a scheduled pick up. He was all sad yesterday when he informed me that the package accidentally fell while he was unloading his car at the PO, and took a REALLY bad bounce under the wheels of a moving F250 pickup truck (it was an employee exiting the lot, heading home). He didn't work Monday so the sub driver didn't know to tell me. So it was all smashed up and nothing was salvagable. Luckily he was able to see the address on the label to let me know. He was nice enough to offer to pay for it, but it was just a badly timed accident and not to worry about it.

So, now, I'm sitting at work, the box is all taped up. All I need to do is print off the shipping label, and THEN I can send it out tomorrow. Should be there Saturday. Not that I'm counting on Priority to actually be 2 to 3 days. It took 5 days for a priority box to get from Orlando FL to me in TN, for no known reason.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:55 pm 

Thanks for the compliments gals!! Thats encouraging as I feel my stuff doesn't measure up to all that you all do!! Melissa, I'm glad you are pleased with your things & Vanessa, thanks for the heads up--they say the third time is a charm ya know!!
Merry Christmas everyone!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:23 pm 

Ack Vanessa! Hopefully that will take care of all of your due gremlin attacks for 2013!! *crosses fingers for the 3rd try*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:27 am 

Vanessa, the 3rd time is the charm! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:19 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:55 pm 

Received VanessaP's pkg today. Wonderful smell good things in it..... Bath gels, body spray, 2 soaps & a beautiful big stack of fat quarters (those who sew know all about fq's & how we hanker after them!!!) Thank you so much Vanessa. I love it all. I don't know how to upload pics but will get DD to show me & will post them in a few days!!

Heres wishing all a Very Merry Christmas!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:17 pm 

Wonderful goodies Carrie and Alabama, lucky swap partners getting such a nice array of products!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:24 pm 

**Edited to add that I tried numerous times to resize the first photo and it won't do it. Sorry for the hugeness of it!

Finally, finally getting to post pics of my awesome stash from Lisa!!!
This is what I pulled out of the box:

Salve (smells incredible and feels wonderful!), Sugar Scrub (love the smell and the awesome jar), 2 fantastic soaps, and an incredible lip balm:

Upclose of the Sugar Scrub cubes:

Beautifully packaged, awesome smelling, great feeling soaps along with lovely lip balm:

My mother has been here for a week and isn't leaving for another week, so things have been a bit more busy than normal. I was going to wait until she left so I could enjoy it all and relax more, but couldn't wait. The lip balm is here on my desk and I use it all the time.....love the feel and glide! I used one of the soaps (named "Fancy Pants"). Wow....awesome, hard bar with great lather and I love the scent. With the colder, dryer weather recently, some soaps have made my skin itch a bit. But not this one! Lisa, you have a great recipe there!
I'm excited to try everything else, too. I am so blessed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:21 pm 

Congrats Carrie...those look beautiful.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:35 am 

Only TWO MORE DAYS to wait until I get to open my package from Hestey! The excitement is mounting and I am having a difficult time resisting! My little girl is so excited. It's her job to move the snowflake on the snowman advent calendar. She is very informative of how much time is left. Then every night at dinner she says dinner prayers to God, "Thank you God for this food. Please sell out house at the right price and the right time. Please tell Santa Claus to bring me the MATILDA movie. God Bless Mommy. God Bless me. God Bless Grandpa John. God Bless Mike & Cody. Amen."

For those of you who don't know the story, when she was writing her letter to Santa, Sara insisted the movie was "Natilda." When I showed it to her at child care, she was all worried "because I already mailed my letter to Santa." I explained to her that Santa was a pretty smart guy and would probably figure it out.

I guess she's not taking any chances, because it has been the same dinner prayer since December 3rd! And she already knows that Santa brings toys and not babies (a whole 'nuther story).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:43 am 

Haha that is so adorable. Tell her from not only a mother but also a grandmother...Santa is very smart and can figure out any typo. My son wrote "bik" one year but Santa knew it was a bike. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:08 pm 

nice stuff you got Carrie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:09 pm 

Yay Christmas!!! I was finally able to dig into my soapy gifts! And get attacked by a vicious spider... of doom!!!

Here is what Coolah sent for me (also a couple soaps for my hubby, but he dashed off with them before I could get a picture, something about "Woo! Batman soap!!!"):

My Aussie candy treat:

And my soapy gifts, complete with Fred the Soap Spider and the soap dish I have been looking EVERYWHERE for!! WOOO THANKS COOLAH!!! I also got a card that made me super happy! <3 my Soapy Sister!

Coolah's licorice soaps smell as yummy as they look! Mmmmm! Thanks Coolah!!!!

I also received a package from Jillybeanisme, a complete surprise! The added surprise? A new mold!!!!!

I'd like to thank everyone for taking part in the Christmas swap! It was super fun for me, hope you all enjoyed yourselves too! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:07 pm 

Bwahahaha Fred!!! :lol: Had to send you a little bit of Aussie fun 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next