[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - SWAP match-ups

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: SWAP match-ups
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:52 pm 

Here it is, the official Forum Swap Signup thread! After some discussion, we've decided to go with a one-on-one swap to make it easier on everyone's schedule and budget.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:..:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

How this will work/some guidelines:

-NEW: Matches have been made, woohoo!! Check below for who you will be sending to, and who will be sending to you. Private message your partners for address/allergy information.
-NEW: The recommended number of items to swap is THREE. There is no holiday or seasonal theme, and you can send whatever you'd like, whether it be soap or lotion or other handmade crafts.
-NEW: Let's try to have our packages sent out by Saturday, Sept 15th. If that's not a workable date for you, let your recipient know by private message.
- The deadline for signing up for the swap was Friday, Aug 24th. Sign-up for the swap is now closed.
- If you find that you won't be able to participate, please let the partner you were assigned know, and also post here or PM me so that we can find that person another partner. Same thing goes if you don't receive any information from your assigned partner.
- Post photos (and reviews if you'd like) of your haul here so we can all ooh and ahh!
- If you'd like to partner up with another forum member, in addition to the partner you are assigned, send them a PM to discuss the details.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:..:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

My method for the pairings was one that Coolah suggested. I took the first name on the list of participants (my own), and put all other names in a cup, which I had my coworker draw from to keep it impartial. I assigned the first name drawn to myself as my recipient (Soapcakes), then the next person drawn was assigned as Soapcakes' recipient and so on. The last name drawn from the cup was assigned me as their recipient.

Listed below will read like this:
person that sends to you---->you
you---->the person you send stuff to

Message me if you have any questions!

!!!MATCH-UPS FOR TEACH SOAP FORUM SWAP!!!
glady---->soapcakes
soapcakes---->duzhesoap
duzhesoap---->SudsyFun
SudsyFun---->ljm1180
ljm1180---->tumblin2hot4u
tumblin2hot4u---->dsgemmill
dsgemmill---->Jesusismygrace
Jesusismygrace---->MagicalStar
MagicalStar---->noni2009
noni2009---->seibert7kids
seibert7kids---->AriaGirl77
AriaGirl77---->MelissaBrown
MelissaBrown---->ihagai
ihagai---->Hestey
Hestey---->Bubbles2
Bubbles2---->gladly

Last edited by gladly on Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:59 am, edited 18 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Swap Sign-up
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:55 am 

Hi Laura! I want to participate!
I have a question, though - You stated that it's not limited to soap, which is fine, but we are going to limit it to just one item per person, correct? (one soap or scrub or fizzie, etc.) I would feel terrible if I sent one soap and got 2 or 3 from my swap partner.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:50 am 

I know some can only send one, but I know others might want to send more if possible. So I'd like to leave that up for discussion between assigned partners. Is that ok, or do you think it might cause issues? If so, we can limit quantity.

I'm new to this, so I am open to suggestions!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:13 am 

I'm in!
I'm kinda on the fence about quantity... Some people may only get one but others 5+ and I'd feel bad for those who receive less. On the other hand since it's trading just between two people, it might be easier for the two to work it out.
What a conundrum!

**I've taken up photography because it's the only hobby I can shoot people and cut their heads off without going to jail** :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:49 am 

I'm in, Laura! Maybe we should indicate a small range of the number of items we are willing to swap when we opt in so you don't end up pairing someone who wants to swap a dozen items with someone who only has time to contribute one. I was thinking I could swap around 3 items, more or less. Can't wait. :D

I learn so much when I can't leave well enough alone!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:22 am 

That's a great idea Sudsy, I will add that to the original post.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:19 am 

Laura, I think 3 items is a good number. Right now I'm only making soap, though, no lotions or other bath products other than for personal use.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:00 pm 

I want in so add me to the list :lol: I can send 2-4 soaps...still working up to lotions

Dawn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:20 pm 

Alright, sounds like three items is the going number so far. We'll see what the average is once we reach the sign-up deadline and go with that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:23 pm 

Me, me! I can swap a few items! Sign me up, please :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:38 pm 

Me of course! Up to 5 items is good for me. Look for my workshop thread to see why I didn't insta post here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:58 am 

sign me up.... I'm good for atleast 5 different soaps to send no CP though. has I cant work with lye at all right now.

ok let me know. thanks Melissa Brown

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:14 am 

I can't believe I missed this thread! Please sign me up too Laura, I'm good for 3 to 5 items.

Thanks so much for organizing this :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:38 pm 

put me down for up to 5

**I've taken up photography because it's the only hobby I can shoot people and cut their heads off without going to jail** :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:23 pm 

Can I please be added to the list? I can contribute a minimum of 3 items! Thank you!

Sonya

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next